Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New to DSLR, New to Pentax

Hi ,

I am Biju Jose from Kochi, India.

Just the other day I had purchased a Pentax K 500 from Amazon.in, the camera is yet to reach me. I could not find Pentax on any of the shops in my city, so had to order online, I hope I will not need frequent service, the nearest service center is in Mumbai . This forum had helped to zero in on Pentax K 500, thank you all.

I love to travel and I used to take photos in P&S cameras, after a recent trip, I thought I need to take up photography a bit more seriously and to share what I see and experience with my friends and family. I have been reading and watching you tube about cameras, especially entry level DSLRs and then I made up my mind to choose Pentax K 500 with 18-55mm and 50-200mm lens kit.

Hope to learn and share more with this forum.

Best Regards
Biju Jose
Name:  DSCN6764.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  298.1 KB

07-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Your K-500 should not need servicing. Is that an Indian number plate on the car? How do you remember your number? - that's a long one!
07-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks @MarkJerling for the welcome.
The numbers plate is easy to identify, the KL stands for the state, 07 stands for the district, BN is the series and 5780 the number.
07-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #4

Welcome to the site. I began with my first DSLR last year (K-30) - the posters on this site have been a great source of support on so many different issues. you couldn't have chosen a better place to share your questions and, hopefully, photographs.

07-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, enjoy what you find here.
07-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BijuJose Quote
Thanks @MarkJerling for the welcome.
The numbers plate is easy to identify, the KL stands for the state, 07 stands for the district, BN is the series and 5780 the number.
Well there you go, not as hard as it seems! Welcome again!