Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #1

Long time reading, first time posting!

Hello everyone!

I've been living in Springfield, Missouri for a couple years, but like everywhere else I've never felt like I belong. I fell hard into photography. It's been an on and off thing throughout my life, but I finally immersed myself within it when I hit the road for a couple months in September 2011. I've worked as a photographer for a small newspaper for a year and have been trying to acquire my own equipment ever since. I got to use the newspapers equipment, but had to return when I was done and that was like losing a best friend. A few months ago I read some reviews on Pentax cameras the K-3 especially and I've been trying to get my hands on one ever since. It's expensive but I won't stop because of that. I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat! Photography, allows me, to silently be apart of important moments and ideas. I think it is a necessity and although social media smart phones erupted into the photography scene. There's an element that the people who live and breathe it add to the photo. I've been looking at ethno-photography lately and I believe that's the way I would like to go, eventually. Sometime I think I have to many dreams and not enough time in my life. I just want to be happy, be free and capture those moments in life that can inspire change throughout the world. Passionate, horrific, and ordinary all the same. Anyways that's my spiel...I didn't really know what to write for the introduction but there it is. Message me if you want. I'm new to this whole forum blogging thing.

07-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, intro fine was fine, now we know a little bit behind the name.
07-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome and thanks for the intro! Better to have too many dreams than none at all, I'd say. The K-3 is a fine camera, but of course it would be better if you got the chance to try one before you buy. Unfortunately that's not the easiest thing to do with Pentax.

Nonetheless I hope you'll join the family!
07-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have a plan, just keep plugging away at it. Not sure what ethno-photography is but look forward to seeing some pictures.

07-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
07-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dondo Quote
I'm new to this whole forum blogging thing.
Please think of it as a club where we folks hang out from time to time & some people almost stay here.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.
07-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing your fascinating story. Hope you achieve your goals.