Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #1

A Wanderer Returns

Hello - I have bought a Pentax K-50 DSLR today, after a lot of years without using a camera. The reason I chose the K-50 is that I had a Pentax MG from the early 1980s until the late 1990s when it developed a fault and I lost interest.

The reason for my return is I have a 14 month old great granddaughter and I want to record her early years. I borrowed a compact but missed having a viewfinder; I am just a point and shoot man and realise that I have a lot of catching up to do.

Any tips will be appreciated
- I do have several K mount lenses left over from my MG days; can I use these on the K-50?

I look forward to being part of this Forum.

07-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 20thBrian Quote
I do have several K mount lenses left over from my MG days; can I use these on the K-50?
Yes, you can, and we do!

Welcome back to Pentax!
07-09-2014, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Make sure to read this sticky note:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html
07-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
14 month old great granddaughter
Welcome to the forum, that's one of the best reasons ever to get back into your photography.

07-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello - I have bought a Pentax K-50 DSLR today, after a lot of years without using a camera. The reason I chose the K-50 is that I had a Pentax MG from the early 1980s until the late 1990s when it developed a fault and I lost interest.

The reason for my return is I have a 14 month old great granddaughter and I want to record her early years. I borrowed a compact but missed having a viewfinder; I am just a point and shoot man and realise that I have a lot of catching up to do.

Any tips will be appreciated
- I do have several K mount lenses left over from my MG days; can I use these on the K-50?

I look forward to being part of this Forum.
Ok it's easy. She will eventually catch on to you taking her photos . She may shy away every time she sees the camera. When you want to take a picture of your cutie she will turn away.. It's very frustrating and you will miss some good shots. Just say "there's a frog on my head"
She will look right at you with eyes wide . She will wise up after while and you"ll need to begin taking more candid shots. Just write me when you get to that stage. In a few months I"ll tell you how to get around her shying away.
Enjoy your cutie.
07-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies - I discovered the subject covered by the sticky after I posted this thread so am on the way to using my lenses,

I don't have a problem (fingers crossed) with shooting GGD and I hope to starting tomorrow!

Thank you once again.
« Exif? | Hi »