Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from California!

Hello there. I'm a total novice trying doggedly to improve my skills. Went to Alaska last year with an old 4 MP point and shoot digicam and came back with great memories but tons of lousy photos. Have since moved up to a more modern super zoom and fiddled with the manual controls while researching DSLRs, finally settling on the K10D which I've had for about a week now. My images are much improved but still having some basic exposure issues (user error!) in Av and TV modes, as well as less-than-crisp images (must get a tripod). Hoping to one day be able to produce stunning images like the ones I've seen in the gallery here and elsewhere. Thanks to all for the wonderful advice and helpful tips I've pilfered from this excellent forum!

01-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! Photography can be a very rewarding yet frustrating hobby! Practice, practice, practice!!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures
01-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi there Mike! You came to the right spot. Lots of people here who won't hesitate to give you a hand whenever they can.

Quick tip - when you review your shots, look at the data and histogram by pressing INFO twice. You can learn what the camera was doing this way and then you can try similar settings in Av, Tv or "M"ess around with your creativity mode (really known as Manual).

Happy shooting!
01-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #4
Forum Member

Hi mike I to took the same route as you did coming up. Except that I went with the K100D and I love it. They are the clearest picture i've ever taken. So welcome you will find that the board will answer any questions you have here. I too am from Southern Calif.

01-30-2007, 06:12 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning and sharing here with everyone!