Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #1

Yet another frenchie? Ricoh user since… 1992

Hi all!

First, I'm sorry for all of my grammar mistakes, I don't have to write/speak in foreign tongues in my work, actually…

I'm Franck-Sébastien, a french Ricoh/Pentax user of 34 years old, living near Paris, computer engineer (and freelance photograph). That's for the ID card

So, I've started reading this website for months, It's high time to introduce myself and start to participate!
My practice of photography begun very young, with a family's friend, journalist, who I consider as a «second father». Then, my father goes to Nikon and gave me its lod set at my 12 years old: a Ricoh XR-S, 2 prime lenses Rikkenon 28/2.8 and 50/1.4,a 80-200/3.5-4 Sigma zoom and a TC x2-macro.
I went to numeric with the die of my XR-S (replaced with an excelent XR-X but died after only one film, and a KR5-SuperII, but I disliked it) and the announce of the Pentax K10D.
K10D was exactly I've watied for an DSLR: full compatibility with my old lenses, customisation, ergonomy, and an agressive price!
Then, after some problems, it was replaced by a K20D I still use as second body.
I now mainly use a K5-IIs, and… a Yashica Mat124G and a Ricoh XR-P… the feeling of «not reusable flexible sensor» is unique!
My main practice is sports events (equestrian mainly, because of I'm ridding too, motorcycle, kite surf), street photo, and I started to learn studio photography.

My actual gear (I don't use the Sigma 80-200/3.5-4 and the Rikkenon 50/1.4, become soft):
- manual prime lenses:
Samyang 8/3.5
Rikkenon 28/2.8
Pentax SMC-A 50/1.4
Samyang 85/1.4
Pentacon 500/5.6
Vivitar TC x2 Macro

- AF Zoom (usefull to work in sports events)
Sigma 18-35/1.8
Sigma 17-50/2.8-OS (will be sold soon!)
Pentax 50-135/2.8
Sigma 100-300/4
Sigma TC 1.4

- Lightning:
Pentax AF 540FGZ + powerpack + Gary Fong Pro set
continuous lights (fluocompact)
nicefoto 680ws portable flashs x2 + some modelers (illustar, Bowens mount)

I hope my message is readable without too much hurts!

07-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Forum Member

Welcome aboard!

This is a great website that offers lots of help and information. Don't worry about your grammar mistakes. Your introduction was perfectly understandable, and sometimes it is fun to see how others who do not speak English as a first language translate ideas. I can only wish to have as good a grasp on a second language as you do.

I am a lover of motorcycles as well. We took a trip to Paris and I was delighted at seeing all the different machines not available to us in the U.S.A.
07-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro and no problems with the understanding, remember a picture is worth a thousand words, so please post some of your images soon.
07-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Franck and welcome to the Forums. No problem here reading and understanding your introduction.

07-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your welcome! More I read& write here, more my english could become better… I hope @Mike: really? I may own a motorcycle unknown in the USA: a Triumph 900 Sprint Sport (based on a 900 Daytona) In France, we don't have our own trade (Voxan for the lastest one) but our neighbourhood: Italia, Germany, and UK send us their Benelli, Guzzi, Triumph, BMW, MV Agusta, Bimota, … :@Kerrowdown you're right, and I'm sure our different cultures brings differents views!
07-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bienvenu!

This forum is a great resource, and I'm sure you'll be able to participate and contribute.

Au plaisir!
07-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #7

Original Poster
Yep, great resources, and a danger for my credit card: it's here I've seen the availability of the 18-35… oups, one day after, I ordered it