Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New Member Naz

Hi I am returning to Pentax K-50 after having used Pentax as my fav camera from the 35mm days As I am now retired I have a bit more time to take photography more seriously. however I am very much a beginner in the realms of serious picture taking. Would be interested in putting in my photos for competitions..

07-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum and welcome a more leisurely photography as you have the time now.
07-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

Welcome! *waves*

Much of the technique with the Film camera comes to play today so you're set there.. except the bonus of having hundreds of exposures available to you on a single SD chip.. so you can make tons of mistakes, learn from them, and not pay a dime for processing (outside of time). Good time to get back into things I say!

I would learn about RAW mode / DNG or PEF format and processing of images shot in those formats. You'll have much more control in Post than you will shooting to JPG format directly. Adobe Lightroom is a nice place to look.. but there are several competing products. If you get an itch, the Digital Processing and Software forum might have some further detail, tips, and opinions there.
07-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #4

Original Poster
Receipt of helpful messages

My grateful thanks to those who welcomed me and also for your advice. I am very grateful.
Naseem

07-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! You'll have fun learning the capabilities of the K50.