Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #1

Hi Everyone :)

Just like to say hello, I really haven't got a clue what I'm doing and hope to get some great advice from you all, just bought my first Pentax, a K 50 and looking forward to learning so much..........Watch this space!! haha

07-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Lynn! I's ok, most of us don't know what we're doing either! That's why the forum is so useful.
07-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, just remember... we all at one time stood where your standing now, hopefully some of us may have moved since.
07-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #4

Hey Lynn welcome to the fantastic Pentax forums..few months ago I was in your shoes and thanks to these forums I have learned a lot! And made some good friends in the process.. The k50 is a great way to start your photography journey as i did with my K30..I hope to see some of the great work you do with it in the future #pentaxiansstandup (is a instagram hash tag I started feel free to check out the work some of us had done..Have fun!! ;-)

07-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #5

Hola todos.... quisiera si alguien me puede ayudar.... tengo un flash UNOMAT viejo (FOTO ADJUNTA ) , pero que funciona a la perfeccion. sucede que lo quisiera usar con mi cam. digital como segundo flash y quisiera saber con que radio-control lo podría hacer... ya que con una fotocélula no sería conveniente por la cantidad de camaritas digitales que andan por ahi. me lo harian destellar en cualquier momento....
Attached Images

07-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Lyn only a couple of months ago I just bought my first DSLR a K-50 and thanks to these guys I have learnt so much and am keen to learn more that's the joy of having this forum you can learn from their mistakes😜 hope to see some of your piccies up soon.
07-13-2014, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #7
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lynn1970 Quote
Just like to say hello, I really haven't got a clue what I'm doing and hope to get some great advice from you all, just bought my first Pentax, a K 50 and looking forward to learning so much..........Watch this space!! haha

I appreciate your honesty and humbleness.. it is refreshing.

I think, as you progress, you will eventually get to a state of thinking you know a lot.. until the time where you realize you know very little.. which will take you (if you continue forward) to a place of not caring but enjoying the process anyways.. which will take you to realizing you have learned much.

I'm at the stage of 'a place of not caring but enjoying the process anyways'.. the last stage is speculative on my part.

Which is why I hope you get out with your K-50 and take many awful pictures... and have fun doing so! haha much can be learned in error. And, unlike chainsaw juggling, won't cause any irreversible harm.
07-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome, Well I've managed to turn it on! No, joking aside I am very new to this, and I've decided to visit my local wildlife park this weekend, to have a bit practice. Cheers Lynn

07-14-2014, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lynn1970 Quote
Thank you all for the warm welcome, Well I've managed to turn it on! No, joking aside I am very new to this, and I've decided to visit my local wildlife park this weekend, to have a bit practice. Cheers Lynn
Turning it on is always a bonus! I was astounded when I bought my K-5 and saw the size of the user manual!
07-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Turning it on is always a bonus! I was astounded when I bought my K-5 and saw the size of the user manual!

I sold my K-x to a friend and they were freaked out after they saw the users manual. I kept telling them not to worry about the manual.. you don't need to understand everything about the camera to get started..

I appreciate the printed manual myself, however. It is great when I don't want to bother with computers and just want to get a tidbit of information without a lot of hassle. I miss the days of printed manuals coming with most devices.. that makes me sound old. hehehe
07-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I sold my K-x to a friend and they were freaked out after they saw the users manual. I kept telling them not to worry about the manual.. you don't need to understand everything about the camera to get started..

I appreciate the printed manual myself, however. It is great when I don't want to bother with computers and just want to get a tidbit of information without a lot of hassle. I miss the days of printed manuals coming with most devices.. that makes me sound old. hehehe
Yes, the users manual has come in handy a few times when I could not remember how to get to a particular setting. Mostly though, it's the fear of accidentally tripping over the tome!
07-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #12
mee
Site Supporter

'Tome' haha accurate description I say! And also shows how complex our cameras are today.
07-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
'Tome' haha accurate description I say! And also shows how complex our cameras are today.
Certainly, compared with my older Pentaxes.