Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #1

:)

Hi,

My name is Heather and I'm a junior doctor working near London. I've recently been converted to the world of DSLRs - I just bought a Pentax K10D, and am struggling to get to grips with the complexity of apertures and ISOs after a lifetime of point-and-clicking with my little Sanyo compact!

I've just finished my first batch of photos and, despite my absolute lack of technical skills, am blown away by the capabilities of the K10D. The images that survived my poor technique are beyond comparison with any of the photos I could produce on my previous cameras. I'm really excited about improving my abilities and hope that I can benefit from the wealth of experience available on these forums.

I'll be posting some of my first pictures very soon and hope to hear from you with suggestions!

Heff

05-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Heff I've had my k10d for a year and a half and there are still some features I haven't used (like the multi exposure) I'll figure it out someday
05-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Heather. Is this London, England or elsewhere.
Now, can I get some advice please? I have this pain in the head and it won't go away. Should I take a couple of Asparins and call you in the mornin'
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
London, England - London, Ontario - or London, Bulgaria (ok, I made the last one up!).

05-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You would be surprised how many London there is (I was) including Texas, Ohio AND yes Michigan.
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
You would be surprised how many London there is (I was) including Texas, Ohio AND yes Michigan.
I have been in the first two Londons plus Texas, Ohio and Michigan (but not their respective London's).

Only one has the Tate Modern.
05-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Heather,
Welcome to the forum, and we look forward to seeing London through your lens.
I've sent you a private message (PM), so please have a read...