Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #1

Pentax k5

Hi all. i am new comer for pentax stuff, now since 4 month i am used it (k5) its very fantastic compare with other brand that i am using

07-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
I'm fond of my K5 as well.
07-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
07-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #4

Wellcome to the Forums!

07-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
asking for macro lenses pentax

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome aboard!
I'm fond of my K5 as well.
can you help me, which one the best macro as you recommend compare
HD PENTAX DA 35MM F2.8 MACRO LIMITED BLACK and SMC PENTAX D FA 100MM F2.8 MACRO WR

also some plus minus each lenses
really appreciated your feedback.
07-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sabil Quote
HD PENTAX DA 35MM F2.8 MACRO LIMITED BLACK and SMC PENTAX D FA 100MM F2.8 MACRO WR

They are both very, very good. Which is better depends on what you plan to take pictures of.

The main difference (for macro) is that the 35mm has a much shorter working distance then the 100mm. So, the 100 will be better for taking pictures of insects and other things you might scare away by getting too close, and when you don't want to use artificial light.

The 35 is (for most people, I think) better as an allround lens, and it is smaller and lighter. Good for inanimate objects (plants, watches, coins, etc), but hard to get really close without blocking out light.

You can read more about both of these (and many others) in the lens review section.

Purely for macro you might consider other lenses as well, such as older manual 50mm and 100mm macro lenses (autofocus will not help you very much for macro anyway), or the Tamron 90mm or Sigma 70mm or 105mm macros.
07-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sabil Quote

Savoche is correct, these are two completely different lenses - but they're both very good.

What do you want to take pictures of? I use the FA100mm for insects, it lets me keep a bit of distance. But at 1 foot distance, it's field of view is only about 2 or 3 inches. That's a lot of magnification. I don't have the DA35 macro, but have a similar Sigma 28mm lens, and it's good for tabletop work, and flowers etc. You can look for a 50mm macro, it's not a current lens for Pentax, but the FA50mm is available used. It's a compromise between the two extremes.

I disagree about autofocus and macro - in the field chasing bees I use autofocus 95% of the time. There are points where I need to drop to manual, but that's an exception. If shooting still life, sure, autofocus isn't always your friend but when tromping around in the prairies and trying to track insects - it is.

07-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #8

Can you say someting about k50/4 macro? I just bought one yesterday
07-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xiehao Quote
Can you say someting about k50/4 macro? I just bought one yesterday
It is one of the best ones out there....
l
07-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
They are both very, very good. Which is better depends on what you plan to take pictures of.

The main difference (for macro) is that the 35mm has a much shorter working distance then the 100mm. So, the 100 will be better for taking pictures of insects and other things you might scare away by getting too close, and when you don't want to use artificial light.

The 35 is (for most people, I think) better as an allround lens, and it is smaller and lighter. Good for inanimate objects (plants, watches, coins, etc), but hard to get really close without blocking out light.

You can read more about both of these (and many others) in the lens review section.

Purely for macro you might consider other lenses as well, such as older manual 50mm and 100mm macro lenses (autofocus will not help you very much for macro anyway), or the Tamron 90mm or Sigma 70mm or 105mm macros.
thanks for your detail feed back. really help for me to decided which one that i must buy.