Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2014, 02:46 AM   #1

Hi, one & all !

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm a new Pentax DSLR user, having recently acquired a K50 - very pleased with it so far. Need a lot more experience, and at some stage will blow some money on a good macro lens - anyone any ideas on good sources of second-hand Pentax lenses (or Tamron etc., compatibles) - in the UK of course?

Just about to post a few pictures from a photo session with a few others last w/e, on a disused railway line in N London.

Ian

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
07-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Ian!
07-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

I don't know much about the UK market for second hand lenses, but there are lots of reasonable deals here on the Marketplace. You can filter out everybody who won't ship to the UK.

Interesting pictures, btw, thanks for sharing!
07-22-2014, 02:45 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I've used these guys (ffordes) and found them to be good, follow the link.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...71198958,d.d2k

07-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, Savoche. Interesting browsing there so far !

Ian

---------- Post added 07-22-14 at 05:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I've used these guys (ffordes) and found them to be good, follow the link.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...71198958,d.d2k
Thanks, Kerrowdown - looks like a good family-run enterprise. Bit nearer you than me, now they're no longer in England ! They seem to have a good choice though.

Ian
07-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iangill Quote
Bit nearer you than me, now they're no longer in England
Aye, I believe they do actually ship worldwide, even to England!
07-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

With regards to second hand lenses, as well as ffordes, also keep an eye on the eBay page for srs Manuals and Instruction Books, Sigma Lenses and Converters items in SRS Camera and Image Solutions store on eBay!

Srs sell all their second hand stuff there now (and are *very* well respected in the Pentax world).

07-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome looks like you are well and truly getting to know your new side kick my k-50 goes everywhere with me I love it. Awesome pics thanks for sharing hope to see more soon 👍
07-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
Welcome!

With regards to second hand lenses, as well as ffordes, also keep an eye on the eBay page for srs Manuals and Instruction Books, Sigma Lenses and Converters items in SRS Camera and Image Solutions store on eBay!

Srs sell all their second hand stuff there now (and are *very* well respected in the Pentax world).
Thanks a lot - looks a good site.