Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What kind of macro are you going to do? If flowers and set studio pieces, the 35mm or the Sigma 28mm are great. If insects, look for the 90 or 100mm lenses, those will give you reach and magnification. Used of any of these will be under your $350 budget used - though not much under in some cases.

I have a Sigma 28mm f1.8 which is a fine lens, though big (expected for f1.8) and an FA 100mm f2.8 macro which has been a great performer.

Jump on the 40mm pancake if you find a bargain. I have the 21mm and would like the 40 at some point, but find the 21 just so natural in groups or walking around. The pancakes get attention from people who know cameras.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
16-45, 18-135, 50mm, advantage, autofocus, bokeh, da, dxomark, exceptional, images, k-3, keepers, lengths, lens, lenses, light, limiteds, lot, macro, matter, pentax, purchase, sigma