Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #1

New member from South Florida

Hello everyone!!!.

Well, I was hopping from online cameras review sites trying to gather info on the Pentax K3 digital camera when I happened to find this site, and signed-in. I am still a holdover film guy (various Pentax & other brands of of film cameras), but recently my wife and kids, are demanding for me to switch to digital ALREADY (Whoa.. talk about instant gratification).

Originally I never switched to digital mainly because, film was" better" to me, plus the cost of a full frame digital camera system at the time. This, plus the hopeful wish of Pentax coming with a FF, but the company never did. Anyway, now I am ready for a Digital camera, and just before I bought the Nikon D610 FF, I decided to check the K3 (very good camera!!), but I do not want to deal with cropped lenses factors and sensors (I see a lot of better offerings with full frame lenses). In the meantime; I am finding that Photokina is next month, so, I just decided to wait on the FF purchase in the remote event that Ricoh surprises us with an announcement of a FF; if no dice.. then, Nikon will be .

08-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum..................
08-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Robert_1 Quote
hopeful wish of Pentax coming with a FF, but the company never did
Welcome to the forum, even if your stay with us is short lived before you move to Nikon land (if you do, check out the D4S a great piece of kit), but we here still hope for FF Pentax... sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.
08-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #4

Original Poster
@ eaglem @ Kerrowdown: Thanks for your warm welcome!!!. The thing is... now that I have read so much about the K3 I feel that I am being lured away from what's presently available in FF to the K3. It's been mostly the glasses that have always pull me toward FF.

Since I have so many Pentax K mount lenses (all from the film camera era), if Ricoh does not come through at Photokina in September; I'm thinking that maybe, I should start into the digital realm with the K3 and utilize all that I can from my Pentax film system, and add what I might need for digital. Later on, if I am not happy with APS-C, I can switch to full frame. Anyway, the whole point for me about FF have been: believing all this time (I could be very mistaken) that for portraiture, FF is the way to go. Any input on this??

08-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!

Don't get hung up on FF - just get a K3 or K5 and get lenses which will work on a FF if that ever comes. You're not going to be disappointed in the image quality. Plus the Pentax system is built for people who know how to manually control their cameras. Get an A50 1.4 and have fun!