Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2014, 01:18 AM   #1

Decided to try a Q10 for some fun

Hi

I am retired and in my late 50's, live in Southend-on-Sea in the UK. I have back and neck problems and have been through any number of dSLR/dSLT camera lens combinations until I settled on a FZ200 for the weight and convenience. I happened to see an article/video by Graham Houghton on using legacy lenses on the Q cameras and it sounds like great fun, the camera and standard zoom is fine as a carry around and with an FD adaptor there are some great lenses that can provide amazing zoom and quality. I have bought a new Q10 with standard short zoom for 140 with a 2 yr gurantee on ebay so the outlay is not huge, and I am hoping the fun factor will be worth a lot more.

regards

Fred

08-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fred_Bear Quote
Hi

I am retired and in my late 50's, live in Southend-on-Sea in the UK. I have back and neck problems and have been through any number of dSLR/dSLT camera lens combinations until I settled on a FZ200 for the weight and convenience. I happened to see an article/video by Graham Houghton on using legacy lenses on the Q cameras and it sounds like great fun, the camera and standard zoom is fine as a carry around and with an FD adaptor there are some great lenses that can provide amazing zoom and quality. I have bought a new Q10 with standard short zoom for 140 with a 2 yr gurantee on ebay so the outlay is not huge, and I am hoping the fun factor will be worth a lot more.

regards

Fred
Hi Fred,congratulations! The Q10 is a great little funcamera and can be had a bargain price at the moment. The images I get from it are good. However the high ISO performance is not very impressive. Better to show it some light and keep ISO below 1250. You might also want to consider to put sharpening at +2 in the menu, as the JPEG in default mode tend to be a little soft. Anyway.. have a lot of fun and please post some pictures here in the forum

Brink
08-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Q cameras are a lot of fun. Keep an eye open for an 01 prime lens bargain, that's a great lens and pretty much turns the Q into a rangefinder style camera.
08-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
Emperor and Senpai

It is fun and takes decent images in good light. With an adapter it will magnify everything wrong with your adapted lenses due to the 5.5 crop factor, but you can get some fun and long shots.

08-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard here, enjoy that Q10 once you get your hands on her.
08-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
The Q cameras are a lot of fun. Keep an eye open for an 01 prime lens bargain, that's a great lens and pretty much turns the Q into a rangefinder style camera.
I got my 01 attached to a Q for $124 shipped.