Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from the Arctic

Hello All,

My name is Jeff Barkley, I live and work in Iqaluit Nunavut Canada way up North on Baffin Island near the arctic Circle. I am an avid Pentax Shooter but new to the forums. Hopping to find others with the same love of photography and are shooting Pentax,

08-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Forum Member

Hello,

Glad to have you. This site has tons of great people and info. Living up in the Arctic Circle we all expect you to put on a "grey scale" clinic for proper snow/whiteout photography conditions...haha
08-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, the rest of us thought we woudn't see many other Pentax users about, I guess it will be even more unusual for you.
08-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard from another Northerner! Different continent, though

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, the rest of us thought we wouldn't see many other Pentax users about, I guess it will be even more unusual for you.
Well, maybe not! There's at least one other Nunavummiuq around here, going by the username of @jac - and since the territory isn't more than about 2 million square km the density of Pentax shooters should be about the same as elsewhere!

08-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Barkley Quote
Hello All,

My name is Jeff Barkley, I live and work in Iqaluit Nunavut Canada way up North on Baffin Island near the arctic Circle. I am an avid Pentax Shooter but new to the forums. Hopping to find others with the same love of photography and are shooting Pentax,
Aw, our beloved capital city, home to Canada's largest Royal Canadian Legion and Dumpcano, Canada's largest experiment in toxic waste disposal - just take 50,000 cubic meters of assorted waste, set it on fire and see how many bureaucrats it takes to put it out.

I'm right next door, Jeff. Cape Dorset, home to world famous Inuit artists and one-half the population of BCC And as of today, one-half of the Pentax users in Nunavut.
08-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Barkley Quote
Hello All,

Hey !
Welcome aboard dear Northerner.

Used to know someone by the name of "Abdu" working there a year or two ago.

You must have some type of wildlife among all of those rocky places there.
Send us some when you have the chance.

And ... make sure to catch a few Northern Lights and the Milky Way.

Cheers!