Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #1

Introduction of my new membership

Hi everyone,
I guess a photographic history is what is wanted in this section. So here goes: When I was about age 14. my aunt started me on this wonderful adventure of photography with a $30 (a decent amount in those days!) Kodak box camera. In high school & Jr. College I was on the newspaper & yearbook staffs. Although a formal photographic education was not in the cards, I have learned most from the "college of hard knocks". I tried a photo studio and was disenchanted. Then my wife and I started a wedding chapel which we called Bridalvale Wedding Chapel. The is was my most rewarding photographic history for over ten years. For I was the only photographer and my wife did her "thing" with silk flowers. We built areas that were conducive to photography, such as a brides dressing room with antiques and beautiful wall hangings. Since we could not afford a large facility and the "county" put restrictions on occupancy, we got around that by building an outdoor setting for weddings which included a custom gazebo raised of the ground to accommodate two extra levels for attendants to stand for formal pictures. Mind you this all occurred before the making of a 'photo studio" in the church, type photography. After this, I retired and sold off my 2 1/4 film cameras. Within the last three years I have left a high quality "bridge" camera and entered the world of digital single lens reflex with my purchase of the Pentax Kx. "My luck" I purchased my Pentax about 3 months before it was discontinued! Now I now khow "Rodney Dangerfield" felt! I love the feel of my Pentax from a holding and viewing standpoint. I have added a 50-200mm, 70mm, and 100 macro lenses.. As you can guess by the span of years indicated, I am retired and have reached the age of 73. Photography is still a passion burning in my heart!

08-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great story! I'm glad the photography fires still burn in you. I'd love to see some of your photos from the wedding chapel days. It's wonderful that you and your wife could pursue your respective passions in that way! The K-x is still a great little camera. I'm sure you enjoy it. See you around!
08-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i think we can all relate to the passion part...welcome aboard...you won't find a greater group of people!!!!
08-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nicknow38 Quote
Photography is still a passion
Welcome aboard, there are also many passionate people around too, so you reasonably good company.

08-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! Don't let go of that passion Good to have you with us.