Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #1

Question

I have a K-1000 Pentax Camera. It is a 35 mm one. I want to use my lens on a digital Pentax but I Need help finding a digital camera that is interchangeable lens

08-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anything here as well as the K-01. Focusing might be more difficult than the K1000, as the DSLRs are autofocus primarily, and have worse focusing screens IMO (so you can't see minute focusing errors as well when using fast primes) but it can be worked with and you can often replace the focusing screen.

And welcome to the forum.
08-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, nearly all Pentax fit lenses can be mounted on modern day Pentax Digital cameras (with differing levels of functionality), some may also require adaptors.
08-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As noted, any Pentax digital DSLR will allow use of your lens.

You should read this to understand the limitations: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using...x-dslrs-f.html

Many here use old film lenses on digital, it is one of the nice things about Pentax.

08-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
If the lens you have fits on the K-1000 -- it will fit on any Pentax DSLR. They've maintained the K-mount from model to model. You'll just need to use the aperture ring, and stop-down metering with the DSLR. Lots of people use those old lenses (myself included) with great results. Just be aware that manual focus can be challenging on the DSLR because of the smaller viewfinder. Being new to the hobby, I also picked up an older film camera (ME Super) -- and I was surprised at how easy it was to manual-focus with that older camera, than it was with my K-50. Just takes a little more effort, is all.
08-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks

Thank you to every one who answered my question..