Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #1

Newby Pentax Owner

Hi folks,

I'm new to Pentax, and just bought the K-50, with the kit 18-55 mm DA L WR lens. I am very pleased with it after having used it a lot in the past 2 days. I am really looking forward to be able to get out there and shoot in pretty well any kind of weather! Soon as I save a few bucks I'll look to getting a good quality zoom lens. Maybe even get the M42 converter and start looking for other lenses.

08-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and continue to enjoy that new K-50.
08-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just know some aftermarket m42 coverters won't give you the ability to focus to infinity - I would suggest getting one of the Pentax ones. They are a little more expensive, but then they work the way they are supposed to...

Sweet cam - this forum should help you get up to speed faster than without it! Some helpful and knowledgeable people here...
08-20-2014, 02:48 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! The K-50 is a great camera - spoiling it with some nice lenses is a good idea

As vagrant10 says, do your homework before getting an M42 adapter. Some of the cheap ones can cause problems (as in getting stuck on the camera) unless you are prepared. The original Pentax one is safe, though.

Enjoy your K-50!

08-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Just know some aftermarket m42 coverters won't give you the ability to focus to infinity - I would suggest getting one of the Pentax ones. They are a little more expensive, but then they work the way they are supposed to...

Sweet cam - this forum should help you get up to speed faster than without it! Some helpful and knowledgeable people here...
I would ONLY buy the screw mount adapter made by Pentax...doesn't pay to go cheap! Also, I just found out my wife has an old Praktica camera with several screw mount lenses in the bag so I will eventually check them out. Just bought the 50-200mm zoom so that takes care of my budget for this mnth!
08-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! You're going to have fun learning the new camera's capabilities.