Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from North Yorkshire

Hello everyone. I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I'm after some advice, as I am yet to buy into the Pentax system.

I used high end Canon semi professionally for many years, before moving to m4/3 around 4 years ago and shooting purely for enjoyment. I'm now in a position to go back to a DSLR system, and am extremely interested in the K5 II and K5 IIs. I am a very keen photographer, but have no intention of doing anything other than taking pictures for pure enjoyment. I tend to shoot mainly family portraits and landscape / cityscapes. I'm starting from scratch, and am looking for this to be the start of building up a new system.

I understand the differences between the two cameras and have read / watched many reviews, but what I'd be really interested to hear real world experiences. There's a straight £100 difference body only between the two models here in the UK, and I want to know if that would be money well spent. The K3 is unfortunately out of my price range.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide :-)

Cheers,

Simon.

08-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and also to Pentax once you decide, I have no experience of either camera so I'll let others comment more on that.
08-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Simon! I think you'll find the answers you're looking for in the K-5 Discussion. Looking forward to seeing your images.