Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

How are yinz* doin'?

Hi, I'm Jeff from Pittsburgh, PA.
I just made the move to a DSLR two months ago (a K100D), but I've been using Pentax 35mm gear since I got a P30t way back in 1991 (hence the user name).
I'm pretty sure that I found this forum by following a link from the dpreview forums, but I'm not absolutely certain. Anyway, I liked the looks of the place and signed up a few days ago.
(*"yinz" is Pittsburghese for "y'all". )

01-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome JeffP30t!

I was over in Grove City with my family in December - our first time and it was great. We're going to re-visit when the weather warms up and definitely during the Fall - my gosh those hills and valleys are spectacular!

Can't wait to see some of your photos!
01-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If you enjoyed the scenery around Grove City, then you'll like the south-central part of PA where I grew up - the terrain is even more dramatic. I recommend US 22 and US 30 since those roads cut across the ridges for more variety. Check your brakes.
The scenery on the PA Turnpike is excellent as well, but you'll be too busy driving most of the time to really enjoy the view. I always get a kick out of the Blue Mountain and Kittatinny tunnels, though; the valley between them is so narrow that the tunnels are only 600 feet apart - or about six seconds at highway speed.
01-29-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Even though I live in the Philly 'burbs, I'm a Steelers fan. I've got a few friends from your area.

However, 'yinz' and 'pop' always sound strange to me.

--Sean

01-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of you beatiful PA scenery.