Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #1

New to Pentax Forums

Hello just joining the forums and very much interested in getting reliable information to assist me with my first Pentax purchase. I have been a photographer for over 60 years using Twin lens, SLR, DSLR mostly Canon and Nikon. I feel the time has come for a change. I mostly shoot fashion, travel, portraits and a wedding upon request. My partner in my former business was a Pentax Photographer and I Nikon. I like the look of Pentax images and decided to give them a try. I will be purchasing either the K-5IIs or K3 DSLR but have not ruled out the K 50 with better glass. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

08-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's plenty of good information here to help with your decision, here's a few links to get you started.

Pentax Digital Cameras and Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Pentax Cameras | Pentax K-3 vs. Pentax K-50 vs. Pentax K-500 - Pentax DSLR Comparison - PentaxForums.com

Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database
08-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you can't go past the K-3 although I would say the K-5 II.s is a close rival.
08-25-2014, 04:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good morning and welcome to the Forums

08-26-2014, 12:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to all !!!

I appreciate the links you gave me. I have actually visited practically most link and reviews from the various sites as research is my forte. I hope to gain insight from actual users of the various cameras since there are no camera stores in this area except BB and they don't sell Pentax. I usually have to go to NY to have the hands on experience and that can get expensive. I am leaning toward the K5iis or K3. I am more concerned about what are quality lens for the camera. I know a lot about Nikon lens but not Pentax.