Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #1

Greetings, greetings!

You know, the usual long time lurker, new poster!

Thanks to everyone on here from whom I've learned so much (albeit passively through lurking) over the past year! This is such a friendly and hospitable forum, definitely showing the spirit of the Pentax ethos.

I'm a relative newb to photography....got hooked Christmas of 2006 when, upon being driven by unabashed geekishness, I put the new P&S into manual mode. One thing led to another, and well....ended up with an shiny new-old M 50/1.7 from eBay. Actually got a K100D to put it on a month later.

Then it started. Then came the Infection.

A year out and the K100D got sold for an 'upgrade' to an *istD. Yeah, it's slower than the K100D--and I didn't think that was possible --but with my not so great eyesight, you'll have to pry the istD with its pentaprism viewfinder out of my cold, dead hands. No more pentamirror peep-holes for me! The lens corral has grown to include an MC Cosmicar 28/2.8, a DA 16-45/4, and a Vivitar 85-205/3.8 my dad used back in his hobbyist photog days (Nikon mount, but works just fine!). The most recent additions to the family are the FA50/1.4 and FA77/1.8.

After much reading, researching, pixel-peeping, and sou-searching, I decided upon a being a primes-boy, as I pursue this hobby as a means of personal self-expression and desire to be learn to practice the discipline the way primes force you. Hence, I'm looking to part with the 16-45 and 50/1.4 to raise funds for an FA43!

Looking forward to learning even more from everyone. Having gotten a good grasp on the technical aspect of photography, I want to now learn and grow in using the photography as method and expression of art.

Looking forward to being in community with y'all!

05-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome

Greetings to you TysonG:

This is my first post too. And I also find this forum to be an enoyable atmosphere in which to learn. Like you, up to now, I had been content to simply sit back, read and learn.

But my many years of yearning for a DSLR are over, making a selection of the K20 after a recent two months of serious research. I'm still not sure I did the right thing, but am sure it is right to be in this forum seeking help and giving any help of which I'm capable of providing. Sometimes it looks like it would have been smarter an easer to have gone the well-traveled Nikonian and Canonian roads. Perhaps that would have been too easy. Anyway, here we all are and I hope to make the most of it.

So you and I have sailed into here at similar times--best of luck to you.

Ernest
05-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Welcome, I have been a member for about a month and lurked for about the same time. I learnt so much in a short time that I was compelled to make a donation and I consider it well spent.
(this isn't a nudge to get you to donate by the way).
Look forward to reading your posts.
Gary
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hey Ernest!

Sorry for the late reply....apparently I'm still leaning back reading. Ooohhh...new K20D. May thy saliva runneth other. That's what the weather sealing is really for after all, isn't it.

Last edited by TysonG; 06-16-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Fixed smileys.
06-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hey Gary!

Don't worry, no hint taken.

Cheers!