Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #1

Hi from Germany

Hi all,

I am Thomas and currently 37 yrs old. I haven been browsing PF since years now, starting DSLR Photography around 2006 with a istDL.

As I like old cars and scooters, Photography was not such a big deal in my leisure time until last year. In May '13 I spontaneously bought a K-7 which reinvigorated Photography interest strongly.
This week I made an upgrade for a k-5 and now I looking forward of bringing my skill to next step :-)

I like shooting landscape, architecture and cars most.
Macro is also nice section.

What I like best about Pentax is having something that is a little bit aside the mainstream.
My current gear:

K-5 and K-7
D-BG4 currently shipping ;-)
DA 16-45
DA 18-55 WR
DA 18-135 WR
DA 35
Cosina Macro 105
Sigma 120-400 OS
AF-360 FGZ
Some manual focus stuff :-)

If you are interested in my shots, please browse to my pages below and leave comments or likes :-)
Thanks a lot an Br
Thomas

Last edited by Mixmaster; 08-30-2014 at 11:44 AM.
08-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Unregistered User

Servus Kollege,

herzlich willkommen.

I like the idea of as many Germans and Austrians on this forum as possible. So, welcome aboard.
08-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it's taken since 2006 to introduce yourself, wow that must be a record.
08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

hi there!

08-31-2014, 03:03 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, it's taken since 2006 to introduce yourself, wow that must be a record.
thanks ;-)
I am not quite sure when I visited PF first time but it could be around 2007 sure as I was researching tips 'n' tricks for the *ist.
The reason why I started to take photography to next was that a co-worker sold me a SMC-FA 28-200 at a bargain price and on a Paris trip I was disappointed by the softness of that lens. I thought that it might just not pair nicely with the *istDL and I went for the K-7. The FA lens was still blurry and with min. focal length of 28 also not short enough so I let it go in favor of the 18-135 and the sigma.
I was always happy with the K-7 though the hi-ISO area is fairly useless with that body. Last week someone in my hometown offered a mint K-5 (<3k klicks) for a good price and I couldn't resist. I'll sell the K-7 and then this will be a very cheap upgrade.

Best regards,
Thomas
08-31-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Well enjoy that new K5, if it's ultimate sharpness and IQ your after, have a look into some of the Pentax prime lenses that are available.
08-31-2014, 03:30 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Well enjoy that new K5, if it's ultimate sharpness and IQ your after, have a look into some of the Pentax prime lenses that are available.
Ja good hint :-)
I have the DA35 which is already quite sharp.

Sooner or later I will be going for a portrait/macro 2.8 lens, either Tamron or Pentax.

Br
Thomas

08-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France an welcome to PF, Thomas ... Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
08-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France an welcome to PF, Thomas ... Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
Bonjour Jean,

mon francais est un peu mauvais, mais je veux dire que je suis un grand ami de la france :-)
en 2013 j'ai ete a Paris et L'Alsace.
I'l ya ete a Paris ou j'ai reconnu que je veux une camera nouveaux ;-)
Ma prochaine destination est La cote d'azur :-)

A bientot
Thomas

P.S. I am usually not posting picture so often to forums, I merely add them to my webpage which has reached 2k visits recently :-)
Thanks