Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2014, 02:43 AM   #1

Hello from India

Hi, I am Dr Ripal K Kotak from India. I am a dentist and am primarily interested in Dental Photography. I have a Pentax K 30 which I bought after a lot of research on the Net. I love my camera. I have the 18 - 55 lens that came with the camera and I have bought a Viltrox JY 670 ring flash. I also have magnification fiters from Hoya. My understanding of photography was limited to point and shoot, however for my profession I needed to buy a DSLR to document cases. I did two basic photography courses here and that helped me a lot on how to use my camera. I still don't know how to use my Viltrox Ring Flash. The booklet that came with it doesn't really explain anything. If anyone knows how to use it, please guide me. A big hello to all members and I hope to contribute as much as I can and learn as much as possible too. I also hope Pentax expands its market in India as all accessories are not readily available here.
Dr RIpal K Kotak

08-31-2014, 03:16 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, Pentax did a special lens which you may find of interest for you profession.

SMC Pentax-A 100mm F4 Macro Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
08-31-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome! I'm sure you will find a lot of useful information here.

I can't help you with your flash, but I would recommend asking over in this sub-forum: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/
08-31-2014, 06:48 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, Pentax did a special lens which you may find of interest for you profession.

SMC Pentax-A 100mm F4 Macro Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Thank you for your guidance. Will this fit on my Pentax K 30 and can I get it in India?

08-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome! I'm sure you will find a lot of useful information here.

I can't help you with your flash, but I would recommend asking over in this sub-forum: Flashes, Lighting, and Studio - PentaxForums.com
Thanks a bunch. I will check it out.
08-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Dr Ripal K Kotak ... Hope to see some K-30 images soon. Salut, J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 08-31-2014 at 09:34 AM.
08-31-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Ripal K Kotak Quote
Will this fit on my Pentax K 30
Yes it certainly will, but it is manual focus lens, but for macro work that's not normally an issue.

The internet is probably where you would find such a lens, as they are no longer in production.

Often this lens is used with these. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...74115972,d.d2k
09-01-2014, 01:41 AM   #8

Original Poster
Dr Ripal K Kotak says Thank You all

This is to say a big thank you to all who replied to my posts yesterday giving helpful advice and to all who wholeheartedly welcomed me into the group. Thank you so much.

09-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Ripal K Kotak Quote
Thank You all
Your most welcome.