Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #1

Hello & help required

Hi everyone,
I have purchased a Pentax K-30 and also the pentax 18-135mm lens
i would love to know how to use it properly and any direction that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Vinny

09-01-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there anything specific you need help or guidance with? That combo should give you pretty good results in auto mode, but if you aren't getting the image quality you expected, show us some examples and we'll give you some tips

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vinnyparmar Quote
Hi everyone,
I have purchased a Pentax K-30 and also the pentax 18-135mm lens
i would love to know how to use it properly and any direction that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Vinny
Hi Vinny, do you have any previous SLR/DSLR photographic experience at all, or is this question regarding the K-30 and settings specific to the camera?
09-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, this is just the place to "go with flow" and learn at your own pace.

09-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Vinny ... Hope to see some K-30 images soon. Salut, J
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
Hi Guys,
Many thanks for the support so far. this is my 1st slr and I have no experience in using this camera to its potential. i am mainly using it to take photos of my baby daughter and also i refurbish properties so i always take before and after pics of the work. I used to pay for a photographer to take the pictures and the lens that he must have been using is a wide angle lens as it captures the entire room and i cannot get that with this camera and lens.
i also take pictures for my wife as she has a jewellery business and i want to help her take shots of jewellery but they do not look as good as some of the jewellery online. i have been told to buy different things from light boxes to separate flash units and also a 10mm lens? i don't have much of a budget and i want to make sure i am buying the right stuff?
hope thats enough info.
i know there are lots of settings on this camera but where can i start?