Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello from Gilbert, Arizona

Hello all. I ran across this site while searching for information about my Pentax PZ-1 and P3 cameras. I'll post questions in the appropriate forums but I just wanted to introduce myself first.

I have been a loyal Pentax user since the late 1960s. I began with a Mamiya Sekor SLR which used the Pentax screw mount lenses. I later acquired a black bodied Spotmatic. Some years later I got a ME-super a few different lenses which I passed on to my late sister-in-law after I acquired the PZ-1. I later picked up a P3 body just to have a spare and for the ability to use different films without having to rewind mid-roll.

Several years ago I put the film cameras on the shelf and began to dabble with various digital cameras, none with the quality and versatility of my Pentax equipment. I recently dragged the film cameras back out but I'm having trouble with them so here I am. I hope to finds solutions to the problems I'm having and get tips and ideas from other Pentax users and photography enthusiasts.

09-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
mee
Site Supporter

*waves* welcome to the 'community.'

Yes, we have a nice community and resources for the older film bodies as well as the newer digital cameras too. The search feature has helped me out a lot as some of the questions I've thought to ask have already been answered here. In any case, don't be afraid to ask a question! Someone else might learn something from it.
09-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the fold! I can't help you with the film as I converted to digital many years ago. I too had the Mamiya-Sekor even more years ago.
09-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
but I just wanted to introduce myself first
Welcome aboard, what a polite person you are, enjoy all that you find here and if your left wanting... just ask.

09-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Hello and welcome. I spent the first 26 years of my life calling the Phoenix metropolitan area home. Good to see another Phoenician on here. Cheers!
09-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, dakight ... Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
09-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
My current digital equipment consist of a Nikon CooolPix P90 and, of course, my cell phone. They are adequate for snapshots and documentation but I will be on the lookout for a Pentax dslr body to take advantage of the lenses I have. Budget is limited but I should be able to find something that will suit my needs. Thanks for the welcoming words. While I current reside in Phoenix, The Pacific Northwest is where I call home and I always will.
09-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #8

Ah a fellow Arizonan! I'm a bit north of you in Bullhead City. Welcome to the fold! Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have. I shoot exclusively with manual focus glass so we may have some overlapping issues we could solve together.