Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #16
Forum Member

Yep, another one in South Central Wisconsin here...and I just discovered 3 that work at Camera Craft in Rockford IL! I'll have to get down there to visit...

09-11-2014, 03:54 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Rachel ... Hope to see some K-50 images soon! Salut, J
09-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
ha ha, don't bet any money you can't afford to lose...
Good point! I need all the money for gear that I can get

---------- Post added 09-11-14 at 08:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gumbee Quote
Yep, another one in South Central Wisconsin here...and I just discovered 3 that work at Camera Craft in Rockford IL! I'll have to get down there to visit...
I am in Hartford, about 30 mins north of Milwaukee

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Rachel ... Hope to see some K-50 images soon! Salut, J
Thank you! I will try to get some posted on here soon I have posted quite a few on flickr, any other flickr users?

QuoteOriginally posted by GuitarGuru76 Quote
Welcome to the site. I'm in Southeast Wisconsin. There are a few of us Pentaxians here in the state.
Thank you for the warm welcome! It is great to meet some other pentax users. I always feel left out because everyone shoots canon or nikon
09-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxgirl86 Quote
Good point! I need all the money for gear that I can get
We can help you spend that. We are really good at telling people what they should buy.

09-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #20
Pentaxian

... Thank you! I will try to get some posted on here soon I have posted quite a few on flickr, any other flickr users? ...
Oui, there's a lot of people that use flickr ... I don't. Too complicated for my brain.

Also, don't let norm help you with your future purchases (he know nuthin' ) ... ask me, because I'll steer you towards Soviet and legacy glass ... ha!
09-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Oui, there's a lot of people that use flickr ... I don't. Too complicated for my brain.

Also, don't let norm help you with your future purchases (he know nuthin' ) ... ask me, because I'll steer you towards Soviet and legacy glass ... ha!
Hey, I may not know everything... but I have to admit, I maintain plausible deniability on many issues, to put it another way, there's a lot of things I just don't want to know.
09-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #22

Original Poster
We can help you spend that. We are really good at telling people what they should buy.
Ha! I just spent about $550 between a new lens and a filter. I think I better wait a while

I will keep that in mind Its literally like crack! I can't stop buying stuff!

09-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Rachel. Be sure and make an entry in this new member contest, just a few days left.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/27...-q-thread.html
09-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
Pentaxian

... I will keep that in mind Its literally like crack! I can't stop buying stuff!
Welcome to three lil' three-letter abbreviations: LBA, CBA & GAS !
09-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Ha! I just spent about $550 between a new lens and a filter. I think I better wait a while
You spent $550 without our input? You can buy boricletto's whole lens collection for that, 80 lenses. You won't believe some of the "crap"... oops I mean "quality lenses" you could have ended up with.

Last edited by normhead; 09-11-2014 at 09:57 AM.
09-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Welcome Rachel. Be sure and make an entry in this new member contest, just a few days left.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/27...-q-thread.html
I already have a 50mm 1.8 but I appreciate the invite for the contest!

Welcome to three lil' three-letter abbreviations: LBA, CBA & GAS !
Wow I feel incredibly blonde right now or just left out. What are these abbreviations you speak of??

You spent $550 without our input? You can buy boricletto's whole lens collection for that, 80 lenses. You won't believe some of the "crap"... oops I mean "quality lenses" you could have ended up with.
CRAP! In my defense I did a ton of research on this lens before I bought it! I bought the new Pentax 55-300 WR to replace my 50-200 kit lens. My other half so far hasn't let me buy a single "non pentax" lens for my camera. He thinks its all CRAP!
09-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #27
Pentaxian

I already have a 50mm 1.8 but I appreciate the invite for the contest!

Wow I feel incredibly blonde right now or just left out. What are these abbreviations you speak of??

CRAP! In my defense I did a ton of research on this lens before I bought it! I bought the new Pentax 55-300 WR to replace my 50-200 kit lens. My other half so far hasn't let me buy a single "non pentax" lens for my camera. He thinks its all CRAP!
The first rule of Pentex happiness. Get the spouse involved. MY wife and I discuss lens purchases regularly... the family that LBA's together stays together. Right now, DA*300 ƒ4 or DA* 200 ƒ2.8 is being mulled. Really nice and really sharp, vs not so hotso (but still quite good) but ƒ2.8 or less is always a bonus. You don't have to actually buy the lenses.... LBA is more lusting after than buying for most of us. Coveting gone mad.

OH and that 55-300 looks like a great lens, when is there going to be Minnesota pictures for us? Did it snow yet?
09-12-2014, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

... Wow I feel incredibly blonde right now or just left out. What are these abbreviations you speak of?? ...
It's not being blond at all; just part of the learning curve.

LBA = Lens Buying Addiction (me, definitely)

CBA = Camera Buying Addiction (me again, but mostly film)

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome (sacks & accessories for me, bingo! )
09-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #29

Original Poster
The first rule of Pentex happiness. Get the spouse involved. MY wife and I discuss lens purchases regularly... the family that LBA's together stays together. Right now, DA*300 ƒ4 or DA* 200 ƒ2.8 is being mulled. Really nice and really sharp, vs not so hotso (but still quite good) but ƒ2.8 or less is always a bonus. You don't have to actually buy the lenses.... LBA is more lusting after than buying for most of us. Coveting gone mad.

OH and that 55-300 looks like a great lens, when is there going to be Minnesota pictures for us? Did it snow yet?
I'm not in Minnesota? I live in Wisconsin and thank goodness there is NO SNOW yet! Although it is supposed to get down to 40 degrees tonight brrrr. My husband is a major research nut, I usually tell him what I want and then he does all the leg work I do like the sharpness of the primes but I haven't specialized in one thing yet so it's hard to settle for a prime. I wish the 55-300 went lower than f4, that is a little disappointing but I'm sure if it did then I wouldn't be able to afford it! I have been lusting after that 100mm macro lens too... Some day....

---------- Post added 09-12-14 at 08:48 AM ----------

It's not being blond at all; just part of the learning curve.

LBA = Lens Buying Addiction (me, definitely)

CBA = Camera Buying Addiction (me again, but mostly film)

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome (sacks & accessories for me, bingo! )
In that case... I have got all 3 too I keep saying after I buy this lens I'll be good for a while, then its this one, then this one..... Yes I totally have a problem
09-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #30
Pentaxian

If you are looking for ("starter") primes, check out the DA 35/2.4 and the DA 50/1.8 ... both called the "Plastic Fantastics" for good reason and excellent bang for the buck (value/performance/price ratio in my books). The 35 shoots like a 50 on APS-C and the DA 50 @ 75mm on APS-C is super for (low light) portraits.

Plus both are "Full Frame" capable lens which means they are good on certain film SLRs ... and that future mythical FF DSLR ... if it ever sees the light of day .