Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #1

Intro and hello to everyone

Hi all,

Well finally, it seems that I have found a great site as a Pentax owner, lover, buyer and seller, great to meet you all.

Im Russell, 52 year old guy, originally from the UK, moved to China in 1995, spent over 12 years there (amazing place, people are even better). Then moved to Sydney, Australia with my Chinese wife in 2007, lived there 4 years, and now im living in Melbourne.
My connection and love of Pentax camera's (in particularm the older SLR's) started after I left school, at aged 21 I decided to return to night school, and do my 'O' level course / exam in basic photography, I used the K1000 and I also bought an ME Super during my night school studies. I owned the ME Super for many years, in fact all the way until 2003, whilst still in China, some nice person liked it more than me, and stole it from my home.
Here we are many years later, my love for the Pentax SLR has been re kindled, when just recently I bought a K1000 on ebay.
Now, I have around 50 assorted Pentax cameras, everything from the old Spotmatics, to the newer K10, and so many lenses and other accessories, as my wife puts it, Russell, you could open a museum........lol
Im hoping to meet like minded people, who hopefully wouldnt mind sharing some technical knowledge to help me overcome some of the issues that I am having with various models.
Hope to chat soon,
Cheers All,
Russell

09-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Russell and welcome to the Forums. There are a lot of like minded folks here, and tons of knowledge to be had for the asking.
09-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by russell kirkham Quote
Im hoping to meet like minded people
Welcome aboard, there are other folk here who also have large collections too, so between us all we should have the answers to your questions.
09-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Welcome to the Forum. There are many active active Aussies here. Look forward to read your posts and see your shots.

09-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Russell. Looking forward to seeing your images.
09-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
09-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Russell ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J