Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hallo to the PENTAX-community

Hi,
As a longtime Nikon hobby photographer (D 80) I "shot" a Ricoh GR digital this year in May (as an all-time-with-me) and for hiking in the Alps.

I'm really impressed of the this little camera. It has it's limits - yes, but ...

The reason entering this forum is that I have trouble with DxO Optics Pro. It couldn't read the dng (firmware 2.30)

Greetings from Germany (Bremen)

Rainer

09-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and enjoy you stay, maybe we will convert you to Pentax completely. Someboby will point you in the right direction with your problem, I am not quite sure what it is.
09-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #3

Welcome to the Pentaxforums and greetings from Munich.

Going by the DxO products page your GR is fully supported, including its DNGs. But what version of Optics Pro are you using? Looking into the software release notes, support for your camera was added with version 9.0.1 (current version is 9.5.2). Optics Pro 8 also supports Ricoh GR from version 8.3.2 onwards. Both with firmware 2.0.3, which seems to be the last version Ricoh did any changes to DNG.

Maybe you just need to update the DxO software? If that doesn't help you could contact DxO to open up a support case, I guess.
Good luck with your problem and have fun on the boards.
09-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Undot Quote
Welcome to the Pentaxforums and greetings from Munich.

Going by the DxO products page your GR is fully supported, including its DNGs. But what version of Optics Pro are you using? Looking into the software release notes, support for your camera was added with version 9.0.1 (current version is 9.5.2). Optics Pro 8 also supports Ricoh GR from version 8.3.2 onwards. Both with firmware 2.0.3, which seems to be the last version Ricoh did any changes to DNG.

Maybe you just need to update the DxO software? If that doesn't help you could contact DxO to open up a support case, I guess.
Good luck with your problem and have fun on the boards.
Thanks for welcoming.
@Undot.
thanks for the links.
I downloaded a trial-version (with full funtionality) yesterday (so it's the newest version).
I have the latest firmware-version for GR IV digital, that is V 2.30.
Seems to be different to the GR version 2.0.3

09-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Rainer ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
09-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.