Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #1

Hello from New Zealand

Hi everybody, first post here.

Any advice that I could have as a Pentax owner, what cameras and lenses to stay away from and any that I should jump for them when the chance arrises?

Also, just wondering does anyone here also from New Zealand know where I can find any old Pentax lenses in the country?

Or is there any place online that does free international shipping. I know thats a long shot, but anything helps.

Thanks.

Bradley

09-12-2014, 12:07 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
09-12-2014, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Hi Bradley and welcome aboard. Where do you hail from and what do you shoot?
Things to stay away from - probably this website since it will really fuel camera and lens buying addiction
International shipping? This place here helps a bit with overseas orders. Works real well with free shipping from B&H or Adorama which are good suppliers. (But compare with NZ suppliers since there are some good deals around)

Cheers
chris
09-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
Hi Bradley and welcome aboard. Where do you hail from and what do you shoot?
Things to stay away from - probably this website since it will really fuel camera and lens buying addiction
International shipping? This place here helps a bit with overseas orders. Works real well with free shipping from B&H or Adorama which are good suppliers. (But compare with NZ suppliers since there are some good deals around)

Cheers
chris
Thanks for the help Chris, I'm from Orewa (a small town north of Auckland) and I shoot with a Canon 60D with an adapter and a Pentax P30n with B&W film.

I'm already addicted so there's no turning back, definitely going to have a look at that shipping combo.

09-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
Thanks, everyone here is so helpful!
09-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

I don't have any suggestions about buying or shipping, but maybe buying used from individuals can help a bit - there are a lot of Pentax users in Australia.

BTW, a Swan-dri hat in my profile pic. Quality NZ construction, it's about 23yrs old.
09-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bradley981 Quote
I'm from Orewa
Great place to live and take photos!
I'm north of the bridge also. If you ever want to drop by and try out any Pentax bodies or lenses just PM me.
09-12-2014, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bradley981 Quote
any that I should jump for them when the chance arrises?
Welcome to the forum, the quick answer is all of them until you've got them all.

Truthfully so much depends on your style of shooting, your subject matter and your budget.

09-13-2014, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Bradley ... Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J