Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New member would like to say hello.

Hi all, my name is Mick Howe and I've just joined the forum and would like to say hello to everyone. I've been into photography for sometime now used various cameras along the way, I bought into the Fuji system at the beginning of the year sold all my dslr kit to enable me to fund it, using this lightweight kit is good for the back and legs when your out on a hike, then after a while I got the hankering for another dslr and that is why I'm here I bought an K20 secondhand best money ever spent, camera looks brand-new all I had to do was set it the way I shoot and up-grade the firmware will post some images as and when I get some decent shots, and thanks for having me cheers...Mick.

09-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, still using a K20D myself most days, certainly earned it's keep in my bag.
09-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello mick and welcome to the Forums. I look forward to seeing you photo's
09-14-2014, 03:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
New member saying thanks.

Thanks Guys, as I said I've just got the camera, who ever had it before me looked after it and didn't use it that much. I checked the shutter count and from new it's only done 8,434 not even broke in yet, will soon put pay to that, I'm on holiday next week so will do my best to add to the count.

Thanks again for the welcome to the forum...cheers Mick.

09-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Mick ... Hope to see an image or two soon. Salut, J
09-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank You for the warm welcome

Hi everyone thanks for the warm welcome, I was on holiday last week weather was rubbish the photos I took with the K20 weren't that good bit like the weather but still new to it so I'll persevere.I'll upload a few photos that I've took with it so far, most of what I do is b/w love colour as long as it's other peoples so for now thank you....Mick.
Attached Images

09-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
That first image is pretty atmospheric, you did well to capture that.

09-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #8
IHS

I love street cars...That one with Cleveleys on the front is incredible. It looks like an Airstream on rails. Great shots and welcome...I'm new here myself.
09-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks Guys, well the first image it took me a while as the fog was really heavy the raw image you could hardly see anything it was flat as a pancake but the camera hit focus first time well impressed.The street cars were actually taken at my local open air museum at Beamish County Durham, it's a wonderful place to go it you want timeless images of that period.

cheers Mick
09-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reminds me of San Francisco, they buy old streetcars from all over the world. Some are REALLY cool looking.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, the pancakes are little cylinders of pure awesome. I only have the DA21, but it's a joy to use.
09-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum, it's always good to see new faces.
09-25-2014, 02:41 AM   #12

Original Poster
Thanks Guys, I haven't had the camera very long still getting used to it I will be adding more lenses as and when funds are available but in the meantime I've borrowed a couple of lenses off my mate a 50mm f/1.7 and a Tamron 70-210mm we shall see what I can do with these this weekend when we go out.

cheers Mick.