Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi From Ontario

Hi, I'm Fred.

I've been reading these forums for a long time now, and making use of the excellent lens review database, so I thought it was time I actually registered

I've been shooting with Pentax since 1979 when I acquired a Spotmatic SP1000. I went digital back in 2004 with a ist*DS, and currently have a K5, K20D, K01 and Q, together with plenty of lenses.

Currently I'm shooting lots of sports at the University level, and I'm finding my DA*200mm and DA*50-135mm to be excellent lenses for that purpose.

During the winter I shoot snow crystals. As I've said many times before I much prefer photographing snow to shoveling it, but living in Ontario I have lots of opportunities to do both.

I also enjoy exploring infrared photography using an old Sigma SD14 which has an easily removable IR block filter allowing one to use regular shutter speeds.

I've lots of images over on Flickr. If you'd like to check out my work the URL is https://www.flickr.com/photos/fwwidall/sets

Fred.

09-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, your not aloud to mention the snow word around here, it gets many other Canadian members quite excitable.
09-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, your not aloud to mention the snow word around here, it gets many other Canadian members quite excitable.
Darn right! I hate the stuff! I live about 3 hours (by road) SW of Fred in Canada's 'banana belt' but we still get too much snow in winter.

BTW welcome to the forums Fred, you'll find quite a few Ontarians in here.
09-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Fred ... Hope to see some more images soon. Salut, J

09-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow!

I'm from Quebec city, always happy to meet fellow Pentaxians, especially from nearby!
09-18-2014, 05:58 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard fellow Canuck!

JP
09-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Darn right! I hate the stuff!
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow!
There I think I've proved my point, about quite excitable Canadian members and the snow word.
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Canada is a land of extremes and that applies to the snow too.

Some people love it and some hate it.

Where I live, in Canada's most southern town (on the same latitude as Rome in Italy believe it or not), we get hot and steamy summers with more than our fair share of thunderstorms and the odd tornado. However, that doesn't mean we avoid winter's icy blast as this part of Canada is extremely flat and there is nothing of any significant height between us and the North Pole so when the north wind blows we get the full blast! Last winter was particularly cold with daytime temperatures as low as -25° C and at night it got even colder. We went more than three months without ever getting above freezing and for most of that time I stayed indoors as my body does not cope well with the cold since I got hit by a disabling illness.