Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Soon 2B a Pentaxian

I've been involved in Photography for approximately 50 years. Mostly film. Lots of B&W film. Mostly 35mm. Yashica rangefinder, Fuji SLR w/ 3 screw mount primes and finally a Nikkormat SLR system w/ a number of primes and zooms. Have been making my way into digital via Photoshop, Elements, Mac to PC to Mac, P&S cameras, Phone cameras and lately Bridge cameras. Now I feel it is time to get a DSLR and I have chosen to go Pentax and this is why I have joined this forum.

This place is great. Based on some of the info I have gleaned from this site: I went to the big city to a camera store that carries Pentax and touched and handled the cameras I am interested in. I have been to my local used photo equipment store and checked out some of the used Pentax glass available. I decided a 16M CMOS censor file is plenty big for me and my computer to handle.

I'm almost ready. Maybe by tomorrow afternoon...when Adorama opens after the holiday...I will order my first DSLR.

I am going with the K-50. Less camera but I can spend extra money on glass. I want to get the 18-135mm but it will be awhile until I can afford it. I am going with the 18-50mm kit lens so I can just start shooting.

I'm glad the bulk of the research is over. Now it is time to get back to the photography.

I'm in Tuscon AZ and the light is great here.

10-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! The K-50 is a great choice, especially at the new low price (don't miss the Adorama promo bundle with all the free goodies):
Pentax K-50 DSLR Camera Black with DA L 18-55mm WR Lens And Accessory Bundle 10894 C

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by algee51 Quote
I've been involved in Photography for approximately 50 years
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the forum will be able to benefit from your experience that you will hopefully bring to the table.
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your images.

10-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, algee51 ... Hope to see some K-50 images soon. Salut, J
10-07-2014, 05:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum.
QuoteOriginally posted by algee51 Quote
This place is great. Based on some of the info I have gleaned from this site: I went to the big city to a camera store that carries Pentax and touched and handled the cameras I am interested in. I have been to my local used photo equipment store and checked out some of the used Pentax glass available. I decided a 16M CMOS censor file is plenty big for me and my computer to handle.

I'm almost ready. Maybe by tomorrow afternoon...when Adorama opens after the holiday...I will order my first DSLR.
This behaviour bothers me a bit though. You check out the camera in a brick &mortar store, then buy it online.

No wonder the b&m stores struggle.

That's just a pet peeve of mine. I sincerely welcome you to the forum.

Regards,
--Anders.