Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New film user from Belgium

Hi Everybody,

I own a sony dslr, but i just got nostalgic the last few years and wanted to brush up skills, so I went back to the basics.
I looked around and around and around and finally (thanks to this forum) found the ideal film camera to start with: K1000.

As I have colour problems, I am shooting black and white.
Less hassle about if the grass is green enough or the sky is blue enough.
But it could be that the grass is grey-er on the other side.

I'm definitely an amateur photographer with interest in (street) portraits, as I find it interesting to see what people are doing and try to tell their story.
I hope to one day be able to tell those people's stories and/or the emotion that comes with it.

Well, it's nice to meet you and maybe we'll bump into each-other on the forums or in real life (if so, please allow me to take a pic of you).

Happy shooting!

10-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome. You will find plenty of people still shooting BW film here on the film threads.
10-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to film too.
10-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

Hey congratulations! I have K1000 and I love it! I'm sure you will too. I'm glad to see people coming back to film; I am a very amateur photographer and I shoot film and digital, if you're worried about color try Kodak Ektar I really like it.

10-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour Lauzi and welcome to PF. Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
10-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

Hallo en welkom Great choice that K1000, I have one myself and just love it.
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yay, my second film roll has been developed by Laboriver in Brussels (basic shop that does developments and other services linked to it). They have 1h/4h/24h service. I took the cheapest one: 24h, as I went their during my lunch .
I only had it developed: no prints, no scans.

My first roll is with another shop in the same street Photo Ciné House, but they send it to a lab, which will take 1 week.... They have a lot of Leica stuff and other brands and everything related to cameras.

Lauzi's Album: First 135 B&W film - pentax-A 50mm f1.4 - PentaxForums.com

I don't have a scanner yet, so I just used a film-cutter that I bought at a garage sale + the android app 'Helmut' on my phone.
They are not super sharp scans, so not really showing what the lens can do, but I'm still amazed at how nicely my phone camera can 'scan' the pictures.

Time to start looking into the scanner threads, although I have an idea based on my budget: Epson V550.