Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #1

Hello From The Great Northwest US

Hi All,

I've had a Pentax film camera for a number of years and have taken absolutely gorgeous pictures with it.

I made the switch to digital a few years ago with Kodak and Canon cameras.

But I find myself making my way back to Pantex and am very excited to be back "home".

I'm a retired broadcaster and a credentialed sailor so I can't wait to take some beautiful landscapes which is my new hobby.

I'm also looking forward to maximizing the use of my new K50 by expanding my knowledge of photography which interaction in this forum will play a key role.

Best regards,

Sir Lane

10-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome
10-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your kind welcome. I'm excited to be here!
10-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Very cool. I live over in cda which is pretty close to as I'm sure you know. There are a lot of great landscapes here to photograph that is for sure.

10-14-2014, 01:22 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your landscapes and hopefully a few from around the world taken prior to retirement.
10-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LGuin Quote
Hi All,

I've had a Pentax film camera for a number of years and have taken absolutely gorgeous pictures with it.

I made the switch to digital a few years ago with Kodak and Canon cameras.

But I find myself making my way back to Pantex and am very excited to be back "home".

I'm a retired broadcaster and a credentialed sailor so I can't wait to take some beautiful landscapes which is my new hobby.

I'm also looking forward to maximizing the use of my new K50 by expanding my knowledge of photography which interaction in this forum will play a key role.

Best regards,

Sir Lane
Welcome, neighbor (almost)! I'm also just getting back into DSLR's and am very excited about Pentax!
10-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks For The warm Welcome

Thanks for your warm welcome everyone, especially from my neighbors in Coeur d'Alene and Montana.

I'm looking forward to getting settled in with my new Pentax K50.

One of my primary areas of interest is shooting landscapes and I'm excited to post them.

Thanks again!

10-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
Very cool. I live over in cda which is pretty close to as I'm sure you know. There are a lot of great landscapes here to photograph that is for sure.
I was in my home town of Poulsbo which is across Puget Sound from Seattle over the weekend. It gave me a chance to take some pictures and settle in a bit with my new camera. I'm really enjoying my camera. Can hardly wait for the Eagles to show up at Mineral Ridge!
10-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LGuin Quote
I was in my home town of Poulsbo which is across Puget Sound from Seattle over the weekend. It gave me a chance to take some pictures and settle in a bit with my new camera. I'm really enjoying my camera. Can hardly wait for the Eagles to show up at Mineral Ridge!
I hope it's like last year, so many eagles. I just need to get something long to shoot with, 85mm is just a liiiiittle too short.
10-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
I hope it's like last year, so many eagles. I just need to get something long to shoot with, 85mm is just a liiiiittle too short.
It would be great if it was like last year.

We spent a very enjoyable afternoon watching the Eagles.

With the limited camera equipment I had, I still got a couple of great shots.

I'll allocate more time and make every attempt to get more shots.

Will let you know how it goes.

Best regards
11-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #11

Welcome from nw montana. With winter just around the bend, I too can't wait to try some landscape and wildlife session's. I picked up a spotting scope and adapter for my k50 and so far have just used it for video. So far so good though I don't expect too much with photographs.
11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and don't stop shooting film along with digital! That's what I do, and I find it inspiring because both have advantages.
11-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #13

Original Poster
Shooting Film......

Thanks so much for your comment. I actually get a real kick out of shooting film.

When we've sailed into the San Juan Islands in the past we've been fortunate to encounter pods of Orca Whales.

There's nothing like having a big bull swim right under your boat and give you a big long look as he does it.

I've found that using my trusty Pentax K1000 film camera gives me a great deal of enjoyment in getting those kinds of shots!

Thanks again,

Sir Lane
11-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Spokane, nice area. The best hot sauce in the world "Fletcher's". I have a dear friend in Deer Park. Welcome
11-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
My brother lives in Portland Oregon, and loves to spend time up in the volcano mountains. I can see why he loves it out there.