Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Pentax K3 new user

Hi, I'm Charlie from Macau, l bought a K3 prestige from Japan auction after pre order have finish, I'm very excited with it, but have problem, can't register in Pentax Japan and the photos are not sharp at all. Now I'm here to seek hellp.

Pentax K3, Da* 16-50mm f/2.8

I KNOW THIS CAN NOT HAPPEND RIGHT

thanks.

10-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome - if you can post some samples the folks here can assist what the problem may be.
10-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Love the look of the Prestige, congratulations on a fine camera! Now to solve focus If you can show us an image with objects on either side of your focus point, hopefully we can identify if focus is in front of or behind your target; that is a fairly easy adjustment by menu. A picture of a fence or news-print taken at an angle would be great.
10-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi guys, thanks for the reply, tonight have to take care of the kids, I will try to post something tomorrow.

Just wondering, is it K3 have Focusing issue?

bye

10-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Agostini Quote
Hi guys, thanks for the reply, tonight have to take care of the kids, I will try to post something tomorrow.

Just wondering, is it K3 have Focusing issue?

bye
No, K-3 has addressed many focusing issues of the past, it was a high priority of this model.
10-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
the photos are not sharp at all
Welcome to the forum, don't panic 'till we do, I'm sure together we can resolve your issues.
10-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #7

Original Poster
Sorry guys, I was hole night on my laptop trying to upload the 2 photo that I took and the reply, then suddenly the browser had to restart, went to Desktop retype everything, try to resize the photo but the Pentax format " jpeg " is too big, now pain in the neck and back.

I think tomorrow I will be able to post, sorry guys. Also not very familiar with the Pentax forum ( couldn't find my post).

Thanks

10-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I think tomorrow I will be able to post, sorry guys
No worries, we'll see you when you get back to us.
10-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Charlie! Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
10-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Not aware of your experience with slr cameras but there is technique at play here as well. The dof of slr lenses is much smaller due to bigger sensor and so holding camera correctly at time of shutter press and focus selection is critical.
Just speaking from my own experience as when I moved from digicam to first dslr I felt like throwing new camera at the wall as all my new images were suddenly out of focus. No longer was I able to point and shoot and rely on the huge depth of field of the digicam to keep subject in focus
Please ignore if you have previous slr experience.
11-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #11

Aloha!
11-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #12

Original Poster
Sorry guys, don't know how to say a lot of things happened all together, no helper to take care of the kids, had eye surgery but never mind. I think my problem is with me, I took some pictures of racing car at f4, it was so sharp so beautiful and one other time I took some pictures of flowers in a park, it was so disappointing, I tool it wide open, f2.8 single AF point not windy at close range, almost sharp. Once I thought that could be Front or Back focus, and bought the spider thing to test the AF, but don't think so, also one time I notice I press the shutter I felt the camera move, I'm not use to this shutter position and I get distract often. One more thing, how to resize to the size of PF, I tried it's to small.
Thanks for all your attention and pation

11-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #13

Original Poster
K3 new user

HI, in my K3 I have turn off almost everything to see if it will be sharper when in wide open, maybe is me shaking the camera, I notice one thing when I turn on SR, in the view finder the icon disappears when you move up, down, left or right just a bit, is it normal or is something that I tuned off, thanks

Charlie
11-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #14
Inactive Account

okay...i wait your post
11-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #15

Original Poster
Pentax K3 new user

Try to post before, but very difficult to resize to 900kb (1280x800), know any program that can easily resize to that!?