Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #1

Howdy! New to photography and Pentax

Hello all,

I am recently new to photography. I have always held an interest but was never really able to find the time to fully immerse myself into it. I dont know what happened but just recently I decided to finally do something about it, so long story short, I went and grabbed myself a Pentax K-50 (Because its weather proof and a pretty good beginner DSLR.) My interest in photography lies within wildlife and nature (Cliche I am sure) but I travel frequently and do alot of out door activities and I cant say how many times ive told myself man I wish I could take a picture that could capture what I see and feel at this moment. So anyways I am happy to be a part of this forum and to learn as much as I can from you all about my new Pentax.

10-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

Get a nice sling strap for the camera and take it everywhere comfortably and securely. You'll find like the rest of us that when you don't have the camera the rare birds sit on signs and chirp at you....
Have fun with it, that's the big thing.
10-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome!
10-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to photography, Pentax, and Pentax Forums!

Thanks for your introduction. Sounds like you are off to great start already in terms of interest and the K-50, which will serve you well.

Hope you drop by frequently.

- Craig

10-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of us nature/wildlife guys here, and there's lots of advice for everything you might want to do. Especailly if it involve advice on what lens to buy next... then there's too much advice...
10-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome.

With the weather-sealed body, rugged construction and extensive feature set, the K-50 is an ideal camera for your needs.

As Norm says, the hard thing is choosing the lenses. Or more precisely, restraining the urge to buy lots of lenses.
10-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Taelorh12! Hope to see some images soon. Salut, J
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
...when you don't have the camera the rare birds sit on signs and chirp at you...
...and when you do have the camera, they run and hide.

Welcome and we look forward to seeing your production with your new K50. This is a great place for sharing.

10-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both it and your photography in equal amounts.