Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Hi all Pentax users,

Hi all Pentax users,

I'm Lou from up here in the Maine woods and Yes, I'm a NUBIE to this forum and also using a Pentax Kr camera, that is if I can get it to download the photos I've tried to take with it in testing, but that's for another thread, basically I just wanted to shout out hello to everyone and maybe get some one to point me in the right direction to get some help with this download problem I'm having.

Thanks up front,

Lou.

10-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, give us a bit more to go on with you issue, is that downloading to your computer or to the forum here?
10-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Lou ... Hope to see some images soon! Salut, J
10-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Lou! I have some neighbors from Baa Haabaa. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

10-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I just got back from Maine. Looking forward to seeing your shots!
10-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys / gals, if there are any here in the forum, for those interested in my photos you can view my photostream on Flickr at,........ https://www.flickr.com/photos/21043193@N06/

I mostly shoot nature and whats around me in my local environment.

Just a note on the downloading problem I was having with the Pentax Kr, I resolved it by switching from RAW to JPEG, now no problem downloading photos from Camera or memory card to PC, however if I want to shoot RAW and download RAW to my PC I have to use the Pentax software utility that came with the camera to do it as nothing else will work.
10-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome...Checked out your Flickr page. Some very nice shots.

10-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I'm not sure what's causing your download problem. Will the raw files not download at all, or is it a question that you can't access them with any program?
11-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #9

Original Poster
Hi Mark,...

Hi Mark,

As I've stated in my prior post, I can not download ANY RAW photos from my Pentax Kr camera by means of a USB cable or memory card no matter what program I'm using. (note: I do not use Photoshop)

The ONLY way that I've found to download RAW photos is by using the "Pentax Software Utility #4" that came with the camera, that works but it's a PITA to use.

I changed the setting in camera and switched from shooting RAW to shooting JPEG and now I have no problem downloading photos from the Camera via USB or memory card to PC using any program of my choice, so, as long as I shoot in JPEG format I guess my problem is solved.

Thanks,
Lou.
11-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Maine-Man Quote
Hi Mark,

As I've stated in my prior post, I can not download ANY RAW photos from my Pentax Kr camera by means of a USB cable or memory card no matter what program I'm using. (note: I do not use Photoshop)

The ONLY way that I've found to download RAW photos is by using the "Pentax Software Utility #4" that came with the camera, that works but it's a PITA to use.

I changed the setting in camera and switched from shooting RAW to shooting JPEG and now I have no problem downloading photos from the Camera via USB or memory card to PC using any program of my choice, so, as long as I shoot in JPEG format I guess my problem is solved.

Thanks,
Lou.
If you insert your memory-card in a reader (or if your computer has a memory card slot, use that), and you use Explorer - Can you see the RAW files on the card?
11-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

The computer's Import Photos wizard doesn't recognize RAW files. Mount the card as a disk and you can manually copy them to wherever you want.
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome !
I'm sure you'll find yourself, including on this forum!
successful shots
11-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Well if you're happy shooting JPEG, that's all that matters. Or you can try to copy manually.

I have the K-r, it has a nice .jpeg engine. My wife only shoots .jpeg and it's her main camera.
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Well if you're happy shooting JPEG, that's all that matters. Or you can try to copy manually.

I have the K-r, it has a nice .jpeg engine. My wife only shoots .jpeg and it's her main camera.

Thanks ChristianRock,

Shooting in JPEG is fine with me for the time being, if I decide to shoot in RAW I'll just have to put up with using the Pentax Software Utility #4 to download them to the computer, once in the computer I can use any of my programs to edit them, it's just getting them there that's a PITA.
11-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Little belated greetings here, but hi from a couple hours north of you.