Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from India

Hi everyone, I am from a very remote corner of India- Basar, Arunachal Pradesh, India. Not that it is important but I guess I am the first Galo tribal lady in the forum... yees.
I got into film photography very recently and I am in love with it even though getting films and developing them is nearly impossible for me right now, I am trying to keep it alive in this remote corner of the world somehow.
I am 5 feet tall and I always wanted a small D/SLR camera for my tiny fingers and luckily, I bid on Pentax MX online and won it. Probably it was my best, smartest and even luckiest win so far. It is very tiny and I love the classic design. It is very easy and fun to use it. The downside would be the erratic meter and cost of the film and developing them.

You can check some of the photos taken with Pentax MX here- Through my lens: Itanagar Memories... with Nikon FM2n and Pentax MX

11-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard! Time to go digital though.....no need to get caught up in the cost of film and developing....
11-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
Welcome aboard! Time to go digital though.....no need to get caught up in the cost of film and developing....
Thank you. I use digital medium too but I am in love with film photography and love my Pentax MX so this is also a shout out to fellow Photographers who love Film still. There is something irrestible about film but yes, when it gets too impossible then maybe I'll give up but I'll enjoy it as far as I can...
11-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #4

Welcome! I enjoy seeing film photography personally, I've always used digital but film seems great to me.

11-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all you find here.
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I sincerely wish you all the best and let your life will be a lot more victories and awards!
welcome
11-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wecome, Kenri! I looked at all the pictures at the link in your post. Very impressive! And I admire your dedication to shooting film. I had sold my film cameras and gone all digital, but i missed shooting film, so I bought a used medium format camera and have started shooting film again.

Keep up the good work!

Steve

11-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Kenri!

I like your pictures and how they show life in India.
11-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you all very much.
11-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Yes sir, go digital. I have never had so much fun. Shoot thousands of pictures and keep a few.