Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Greetings from Switzerland

Hi everybody, I'm Michele and here's a brief presentation
in 2009 I purchased a Pentax K-20D and I started learning photography through various tutorial that I could find online. A couple of years ago I found this forum and I was blown away by the amount of tips&tricks available, but I never signed up because photography hadn't still conquered me deeply. A couple of months ago I decided to buy a Pentax K and the quality gap from the old K20D amazed me The subject that I enjoy the most shooting are landscapes, mostly because I love hiking and discovering less traveled paths, but I would really like to start shooting street photography (from people to architecture) and I'm sure that here I'll find what I'm looking for. By the way, as you probably noticed, english is not my mother tongue and during my english course at university, I was encouraged to find a forum and interact in order to improve my written english. So I decided to mix pleasure with business, see you around

11-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, please remember when you get time to post some images from these "less traveled paths".
11-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to a fun and helpful discussion board. Please do share photos of your lovely country.
11-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome! Good stuff! I agree with Kerrowdown, would like to see some photos even though the forum has a flood of photos right now, due to the contest going on

11-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Michele. What part of Switzerland is home for you? There is so much amazing scenery in Switzerland. I used to go hiking every year in Switzerland, and always had my camera in my backpack when hiking. It's a wonderful country.
11-05-2014, 01:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome on the forum a lot of professionals and amateurs. who love their job and are always able to tell you the interesting moments and nuances in the pictures!
11-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, please remember when you get time to post some images from these "less traveled paths".
I'll do it as soon as I can

QuoteOriginally posted by qblade Quote
Welcome Michele. What part of Switzerland is home for you? There is so much amazing scenery in Switzerland. I used to go hiking every year in Switzerland, and always had my camera in my backpack when hiking. It's a wonderful country.
I'm actually from the southern part of Switzerland, Ticino, where people speak italian. I agree with you, especially in the Swiss Alps there are many wonderful towns and places that are worth visiting. However when I went to the USA a couple of years ago I was amazed by the wide open places you've got and also how you take care of your natural wonder, such as Yosemite and Grand Canyon. Such majestic places!

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

11-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by screamiky Quote
A couple of months ago I decided to buy a Pentax K
Which Pentax K that might be?
11-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Which Pentax K that might be?
Ahah my bad, I thought I wrote down the model but apparently I didn't. By the way it's a K-3.
11-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago! I enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
Everywhere has something to photograph, you just have to open your eyes.[COLOR="Silver"]
11-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm actually from the southern part of Switzerland, Ticino, where people speak italian. I agree with you, especially in the Swiss Alps there are many wonderful towns and places that are worth visiting. However when I went to the USA a couple of years ago I was amazed by the wide open places you've got and also how you take care of your natural wonder, such as Yosemite and Grand Canyon. Such majestic places!

Aaah, I love Ticino! Connie and I have stayed in Locarno many times (and a couple of times in Lugano.) It's a wonderful region of Switzerland.
11-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #12

Waaaaait a second. Small world! I'm from the same neck of the woods (although I'm living in Paris now). Does that mean that for all those years there were a full two of us with Pentax cameras over there?!? We've broken a record I think
11-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by qblade Quote
Aaah, I love Ticino! Connie and I have stayed in Locarno many times (and a couple of times in Lugano.) It's a wonderful region of Switzerland.
I think Locarno and Lugano are the most visited cities also thanks to their beautiful lakes and surroundings. Although its small size, this region has a lot of variety, in fact I'm planning to visit it as a tourist and try to photograph the most iconic and evocative places.

QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Waaaaait a second. Small world! I'm from the same neck of the woods (although I'm living in Paris now). Does that mean that for all those years there were a full two of us with Pentax cameras over there?!? We've broken a record I think
Ahah small world indeed. I agree with you, when I'm traveling it's hard to spot another Pentax user, but here when someone asks me what camera I'm using and I answer "a Pentax" they look at me as I was crazy. So it's nice to know that I wasn't the only user around here Anyway I went to Paris two years ago for a couple of days and it's such a wonderful city! Hope you're enjoying your stay

Last edited by screamiky; 12-15-2014 at 12:31 AM.
11-06-2014, 03:03 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. I visited Lugano recently. It's a lovely spot. It was my first visit to Switzerland - my wife is from Winterthur.
11-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To see and photograph those beautiful mountains. Post some pics.