Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 11:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Introducing my "Hometown Photography Series" project

(crossposted form Post your photos)

I`d like to share some series Iīve been working on past winter (I live in Argentina, below the equator). Specifically Tierra del Fuego (translates as Land of Fire), where Ushuaia is located, often known as "The end of the world".
I am starting this project through facebook: https://www.facebook.com/franmorarakela but of course I want to share some of the series here.

Let me translate the introduction:

The moods of Cape Dominic (Los humores del Cabo Domingo)
Cape Dominic is an iconic formation in the Island. We used to play there when we were kids, go to party as teenagers and pry to the Gauchito Gil as adults!
During my stay in the winter I was quite busy, but that didnīt stop me from driving to the Cape whenever I saw the light and climate were getting interesting to see what this old southern was up to.
As always, a bit of luck with the weather but not without some setbacks. One day I almost lost a finger because of the cold and didn`t notice. Other day my car got stuck in the sand and I had to return walking /thumb a lift.
But that is all anecdotal. From my several attemps, hereīs a selection of the most interesting.

Last edited by carrrlangas; 11-04-2014 at 11:42 PM.
11-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #2

I really like your first picture, looks aweresome
11-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
welcome, it's very nice that you decided to show us his very good work, and share your mood and story.
You are very beautiful and vivid photos, I looked at facebook. I like this shoots!!
11-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's exceptional work. I've been trying to get some more pictures of my area too, but nothing quite this dramatic!

11-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Thor Gunderson Quote
I really like your first picture, looks aweresome
Thanks! The first one seems to be a popular favorite
QuoteOriginally posted by gor80 Quote
welcome, it's very nice that you decided to show us his very good work, and share your mood and story.
You are very beautiful and vivid photos, I looked at facebook. I like this shoots!!
Thanks! there are more series from Tierra del Fuego there and I`ll be posting some trips too.

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
That's exceptional work. I've been trying to get some more pictures of my area too, but nothing quite this dramatic!
thank you. Iīd love to be able to give some advice but honestly I feel damn lucky every time I am in the right place at the right moment doing the right thing, ha!
11-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote

thank you. Iīd love to be able to give some advice but honestly I feel damn lucky every time I am in the right place at the right moment doing the right thing, ha!
Thanks. If you look at the more recent pictures on my Flickr stream you'll see we have picturesque, but not dramatic here in Dundee. The pictures from this winter at Starved Rock state park with frozen waterfalls are a little more dramatic. Sweeping vistas? Not so much. But I try to make the most of what's in front of me.
11-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Thanks. If you look at the more recent pictures on my Flickr stream you'll see we have picturesque, but not dramatic here in Dundee. The pictures from this winter at Starved Rock state park with frozen waterfalls are a little more dramatic. Sweeping vistas? Not so much. But I try to make the most of what's in front of me.
Ok, now I get what you mean. Well, we have pretty crappy weather all the time (very windy, 30Km/h is normal) with amazing from time to time but specially becouse of the wind thereīs always cloud movement. You have good and more consistent weather most of the time but perhaps with few special moments... I think you succeed.
Canīt find any sunset or sunrise pictures to know how it looks up there.

11-05-2014, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We live in a river valley, so sunrise and sunset are not easy. But we're on a major migratory pathway so we get plenty of birds and other wildlife, and storms -though the valley interferes a bit with view. I will eventually get some lightning shots via bulb mode. We have some great prairie areas here - some very good reconstruction being done - which I need to photograph. When you're in a vibrant, living, healthy prairie your senses are on overload with all the flowers, insects, birds and if you're lucky some other animals make their presence known.

Pictures from the area:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/ter-or/4SB7Qb
Pictures from Starved Rock:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/ter-or/3Cp5SW

11-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great project!
11-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Beautiful images of isolation in a wild looking location. thanks for sharing these with us all.
11-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Good idea, but I will have to wait to try to make some good pictures of our area in the future. It is pretty dismal around here since the leaves fell off.
11-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Site Supporter

Great shots, I really like the " movement " in #4 !
11-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome to PF. Great pics! Looks like a lovely place.