Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #1

Hello & help please

Hello

I am Paige, I live in Western Victoria and own a Pentax K3. It's a great camera, however I left it in a taxi last Friday (31st October) in Sydney, Australia. It was left in a taxi which dropped us off in the CBD. I would be delighted to be reunited with my camera, it is an amazing camera but more so, it has precious memories on it which I had not downloaded.

It has a 18mm x 200mm Sigma lens on it and a HD SD card inside.

Amongst other things, I enjoy photographing the travel destinations we go to and my dog, Seb who is a maltese x cavalier.

Cheers

Paige

11-07-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the site. I wish you to find your camera, good luck!
11-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #3

Hi Paige,
I guess it was your ad on Gumtree I saw. I really hope you get it back; it must be devastating. I assume you have tried to contact the taxi company. If you have the id of the driver it may help.
All the best anyway. Looks like its not just the loss of the camera you are confronting but loss of precious images! 😯😯
Hope there is someone honest out there
11-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hope everything comes out well.

11-09-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome and good luck with the lost property.
11-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF. Sorry to hear that. Hope you find it!
11-09-2014, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by psmally Quote
Hello

I am Paige, I live in Western Victoria and own a Pentax K3. It's a great camera, however I left it in a taxi last Friday (31st October) in Sydney, Australia. It was left in a taxi which dropped us off in the CBD. I would be delighted to be reunited with my camera, it is an amazing camera but more so, it has precious memories on it which I had not downloaded.

It has a 18mm x 200mm Sigma lens on it and a HD SD card inside.

Amongst other things, I enjoy photographing the travel destinations we go to and my dog, Seb who is a maltese x cavalier.

Cheers

Paige
Hi Paige

There are a number of things you can try to track down your camera. Hopefully, you have other photos you have taken with the camera on your computer? If so, provided you have photos that are unaltered, i.e. not been cropped, photoshopped, etc, you can use one of these websites to help track down your camera:
Stolen Camera Finder - find your photos, find your camera This one is free, but a pro account will cost you Five Pounds a month.
CameraTrace: Trace A Camera For Free This one is free, but also offers a $10 service.

How this works is that each photo you take records the camera serial number in the EXIF data. So, when you upload a photo, the website software can search the web for any photos posted online that originate from your camera. If you're lucky, the happy recipient of your camera has been busily snapping away and posting their photos on a website somewhere. If you can identify the person you can get your local police to pay that person a visit.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Mark
11-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks everyone

Hi everyone

Thanks all for the support and suggestions. I will definitely look at the websites suggested. Fingers crossed, but I am not holding any high hopes now.

Yes, that is my listing on Gumtree.

I've filed a police report in NSW.

I will let you know if I find it! I'd like to hope that there are still honest people in this world.

Cheers

11-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I'm very sorry for the loss of your camera, plus the photos. I surely hope it will find it's way back to you. Please keep us updated of any news.
11-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #10
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum

Do taxi companies have a lost property box?
11-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by psmally Quote
Hi everyone

Thanks all for the support and suggestions. I will definitely look at the websites suggested. Fingers crossed, but I am not holding any high hopes now.

Yes, that is my listing on Gumtree.

I've filed a police report in NSW.

I will let you know if I find it! I'd like to hope that there are still honest people in this world.

Cheers
I hope you find it! If not, hopefully you're insured?