Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #1

Newbie to Pentax:) Hello everyone

Hi guys, I'm Paul from the Philippines and I'm basically a newbie into the Pentax world. I recently bought a Pentax Q and I have a few questions and I hope I get to know more about the camera from you guys.

1. Just want to ask is it normal on the battery charger from the Pentax Q that it lights up green right away?
2. How many clicks does a one full charge make?
3. What lens and flash should I get as an additional to it?
4. Does my nissin flash work with it? (I use it for my Canon 550d)

Thank you so much guys in advance Hoping to have an awesome and wonderful time here in the forum

11-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome abroad! I can't help you since I am not a Q owner, but if you want advices about the lenses and flash you should post which kind of pictures you prefer to shot and the budget.
11-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1: Yes. The light is on during charging and goes out when the battery is fully charged
2: About 250
3: For lenses check our database with user reviews: Q lenses . The 01 and 02 lenses would be my first choice but it depends on what you will shooting the most (landscape, streetscapes, indoor, etc.). The AF200FG flash is relatively compact and might be a good companion.
4: Probably, but only in manual exposure mode.
11-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Welcome abroad! I can't help you since I am not a Q owner, but if you want advices about the lenses and flash you should post which kind of pictures you prefer to shot and the budget.
Thank you so much sir Will do!

---------- Post added 11-08-14 at 09:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
1: Yes. The light is on during charging and goes out when the battery is fully charged
2: About 250
3: For lenses check our database with user reviews: Q lenses . The 01 and 02 lenses would be my first choice but it depends on what you will shooting the most (landscape, streetscapes, indoor, etc.). The AF200FG flash is relatively compact and might be a good companion.
4: Probably, but only in manual exposure mode.

1. Wow alright that gave me a piece of mind
2. Has anyone tried the 08 lens, saw it on youtube and it did a hefty good job for a wide angle shot. What other lenses can you suggest for taking wide angle shots?
3. Tried the flash and it only worked on M mode.
4. How do you do a timelapse video with the Q? Saw it somewhere that it has a built in timelapse mode.. where and how do you shoot it? Or do you edit it outside? Thank you so much OLE!!

11-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome, there's a lot of useful information, we are glad to see you!
11-09-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, I'll let the Q guys here on the forum answer your questions, as I will openly admit I know nothing about them at all.
11-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to PF. The Q is a fun camera. I regret selling mine.

11-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums.