Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #1

Finally Introducing myself

I have finally decided to introduce myself properly after years of using Pentax forums as a source of news and information. I swapped over to pentax in the 80's from canon when the lite weight of the ME super suited me better for travelling and backpacking. I have progressed through Z-1's to the digital era and presently use a pair of K-5's. Lens have accumulated, I find it difficult to sell gear as you never know when you might need just that specific lens and that mythical full frame pentax may one day appear. Most of my lenses are a mix of pentax and fast ATX Tokina's ranging from the 10-17 fisheye to 300 f2.8, with the odd sigma thrown In 15-30, and 170-500 which are rarely used (but you never know when you would miss the moment without them).
I have just returned from Chobe in Botswana on safari with Pangolin, a lone Pentax in a sea of Canons, and although my commitment to the brand is fairly secure, the new pro level products from both of the big 2 make a convincing case if I was to return to Africa on a more regular basis. The new 560 is such a rarity down this way that I have never even seen one, and without actually trying it in the real world of sports games and bush walks it would be a commitment to far. Hopefully the new lenses hinted at will fill the void in professional grade optics that pentax has left.
On a final note, wouldn't it be wonderful to see a photographer at a world class sporting event using a Pentax system.
Greeting to all Steve

11-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Eh, I think that Pentax AF is just too slow for fast action pro sports...
11-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome, importantly patience and commitment, and of course in any business, including a photo - it's luck
11-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverstar Quote
introduce myself properly after years of using Pentax forums
Welcome, it doesn't pay to rush into these things.

11-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF.
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Steve
Welcome to the forums. Feel free to head over to the Kiwi page where we all hang out - See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-gatherings-events-groups/41021-kiwi-pentaxians-579.html
Kind regards,
Mark