Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #1

Hello from the High Plains of Colorado

I am a retired educator living on the Palmer Divide in Colorado. I have a 60 acre parcel on the edge of the Bijou Basin at 7,300 feet of elevation. The wildlife is abundant. The trees are old growth Ponderosa pines. The views of the Rocky Mountains are wonderful. I finally have the time to devote to my hobby of photography. I have moved up the DSLR cameras from a low end entry Nikon to a Pentax Kx and am now about to purchase a K3. I have fair eye for composition. I enjoy wildlife photography. My passion is shooting mountain towns from the mining days in low light situations. The architecture in my home state that dates back to the 1859 Gold Rush is amazing and I want to get better at my craft. This forum has so many talented photographers that seem willing to share their expertise that I have to say it would be foolish of me not to participate. I look forward to new friends, new tips and better photography. Thanks for looking in on my little thread.

Robert "Badger Logic" Thomasson
Elbert, Colorado
US

Last edited by Badger Logic; 11-09-2014 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Omission
11-09-2014, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
Kiwi Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forum Robert. As you have observed, it is a friendly and helpful place

Ross
11-09-2014, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Badger Logic Quote
This forum has so many talented photographers that seem willing to share their expertise that I have to say it would be foolish of me not to participate
Welcome to both the forum and your K3 when she arrives, I just wish I could say that I was in the group of folk you describe.
11-09-2014, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF