Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #1

Greetings

I hope I'm entering my introduction in the right place. I've been accessing this forum on and off for years so I felt it was time to join.

I've been using a K20D for some time now. I bought it at the time based on many observations I read here. I've never been disappointed in the camera or the lens I acquired (SMC Pentax DA 55-300, SMC Pentax DA 16-50, Tamron SP Di AF 90, Macro).

I've begun to look for a flash unit and that prompted me to return to our forum. I've been looking at the Pentax AF360 FGZ II and hope to get some thoughts here about the unit and how it might work with my K20D. My photography experience is pretty basic and with six grandchildren I really enjoy a new level of photography.

Thank you
czl

11-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello, and welcome! I've only been here a day.
11-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
hey how is going? only been here less than a week myself, but they seem a freindly bunch and dont bite...so far!
11-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by czl Quote
I've been accessing this forum on and off for years so I felt it was time to join
Welcome and it's about time you signed up then.

11-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The 360 is nice, and you can use it as a bounce flash or put a difuser on it to soften the shadows. It works well indoors if you're careful and understand how to bounce the flash. It does not swivel to the side, though, so bouncing is only in landscape orientation.
11-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome czl.

You have an excellent three-lens collection. Really good IQ across the board, covering a wide focal range, and including a macro prime that doubles as a portrait lens. Obviously the product of a lot of thought.

The K20D is a very good camera, but down the track you might consider upgrading (e.g. to a K-50, K-5iiS or K-3). Better low light focusing and better high ISO performance might mean more opportunities for indoor shots without flash.

Another option would be a cheap fast prime, like the DA 50 f1.8.

Can't really comment on the flash. I bought mine mainly as a fill flash, but rarely need to use it.
11-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #7

cannot go wrong with the K-3 go read my review...Aloha (smoked the D7100)