Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #1

Hello Pentax world

I like to take photos. In the early times my best camera was an EXACTA, with a good number of lenses.
But after some years it became just to heavy to carry, and I got me a Minox 35, one of the smallest 35mm cameras. It was very convenient to use, also at bicycle trips. After some years it stopped working and I got me a Pentax Espio, my first camera with a zoom lens. But when digital fotograpy became very popular I changed to a Pentax Optio 750Z. Again, a nice, light, and easy to use camera, and I could still use the remote control from my analogue Pentax Espio.
But still interested in a camera with changeable lenses, I got me, 3 years ago, an OLYMPUS E-PL1. My wife likes to use it as well, but finally she wanted to have a very small, and good camera. So, I got her a PENTAX Q10.
And I must say, the menu to work with this camera is far better, and easier to understand than on the Olympus camera. Only at poor light conditions the larger sensor of the Olympus brings some benefits.
A little bit disappointing is the size of the sandard lens. When not in use, the Olympus lens is almost as small as the Penax Q lens. So, the Pentax camera is not as small as expected as I ordered it online.
But my wife loves it, and we will see what the future will bring.

11-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello, and welcome to the forums!
There's quite an active community revolving around the Q, so you're in luck!
11-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another Q guy. Someday I just might buy one.
11-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hopefully with time you'll learn to love your Q a little more.