Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New to Pentax

I am a part time professional photographer , shooting weddings/events/seniors. I had previously been an all Cannon shooter and love their products. I am selling all however and going a different route.
I purchased a 645Z with 55 and 120 F4 Macro. Plan on getting the 25 or the 28-45 zoom as well. To augment also have Fujifilm equipment for street and casual pics. The XTi and several lenses.

Just starting to shoot with the Pentax since I've only had 48 hrs. I am excited to use it and I have enjoyed reading the great input from this forum. I look forward to posting some pictures soon.
Stan

11-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi and welcome to the forum, it's nice to see more and more pros choosing Ricoh/Pentax for the quality of its MF offering!
Have a great time!
11-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, I'll be interested to hear your experience across these platforms.
11-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Stan, welcome to the Pentax forum, I also shoot events/stage shows and occasionally weddings; look forward to get a share of your input and expertise in those areas particularly in light of the differences from another platform.

11-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Stan, welcome to the Pentax forum, I also shoot events/stage shows and occasionally weddings; look forward to get a share of your input and expertise in those areas particularly in light of the differences from another platform.
Thanks for the welcomes. It is quite a departure from what I,m used to
Digitally. I wanted a small,light system for street shooting so I chose Fuji and am very pleased. In my film days I shot with a Brinica SQAM 6x6 and remember the quality and feel of MF. I look forward to portraits and weddings with the Pentax.
I also like the spirit and general positivity of this forum. Seems like the Canon folks are mostly haters.
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Stan! Looking forward to seeing your images.
11-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Stan. I think this is one of the most positive photographic forums I've come across. Some feel like they are entirely populated by 16 year old boys with too much testosterone; this has many very helpful people, and critiques seem to be done in a good way.
11-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stan43 Quote
Thanks for the welcomes. It is quite a departure from what I,m used to
Digitally. I wanted a small,light system for street shooting so I chose Fuji and am very pleased. In my film days I shot with a Brinica SQAM 6x6 and remember the quality and feel of MF. I look forward to portraits and weddings with the Pentax.
I also like the spirit and general positivity of this forum. Seems like the Canon folks are mostly haters.
Pentaxforums is all positive, I live in place with very few Pentax users, and because of this forum I found all other Pentax shooters in my place and worldwide, I enjoy shooting Pentax.

11-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Good morning and welcome
11-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, let us know how your getting on with the 645z as a working tool.