Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #1

New 645z owner

Hey everyone! I'm new to Pentax having just purchased the 645z. I've been a Professional Photographer since1984 but been concentrating on family portraiture as wall art for about 10 years.
I am very interested in opinions on what is the best RAW converter for this camera? Should I use the DNG or PEF format?

11-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! DNG offers greater compatibility, so I'd stick with it. There's no difference between in image quality or file size.

Many users have complained that certain raw converters don't (yet or at all) support the 645Z, but if you're an Adobe user, all of their software does.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2014, 01:42 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Portr8Artist Quote
Hey everyone! I'm new to Pentax having just purchased the 645z. I've been a Professional Photographer since1984 but been concentrating on family portraiture as wall art for about 10 years.
I am very interested in opinions on what is the best RAW converter for this camera? Should I use the DNG or PEF format?
Hello,
good to see other people choosing Pentax, very envious of your new camera...K-3 will have to do for me for a few years now.
11-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Portr8Artist Quote
Should I use the DNG or PEF format?
Welcome to the forum, +1 on sticking with DNG, it's almost an industry standard in Adobe land.