Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #1

Hello, and first time posting

Hello

I am doing my PhD research in field ecology and herpetology at Uluru Kata-Tjuta National Park. In 2012 I aquired a Pentax k-30 because I wanted a DSLR that could be used in the dust and weather out here. I've only recently been using the camera for daily shooting, as before I used it for my research and I was scared to take it out any other time (couldn't afford a replacement if I broke it).

Anyway, I'm starting to really love the K-30 I've only used point and shoots (Sony) before this. I'm still using the kit 18-55 lens, but I hope to upgrade to one of the WR zooms soon.

The pictures I've been shooting can be viewed at my Blog, Drew E. Dittmer | Safety Third

Thanks!
-drew4fur

11-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, I'll have to check out your project. A camera's a great tool for science.

I've been doing citizen science a while now, and sending that information to various projects. Mostly bumblebees, but some others too when I run across subjects. Weather resistance and the GPS module are vital to my bee research. As is a 100mm macro lens, of course.
11-19-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forums
11-22-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, now you got brave enough to use it... please post some images of Uluru Kata-Tjuta National Park.

11-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #5

Original Poster