Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #1

Hi from rainy Portland

Hi,

Just want to say hi as new user at the forum. I have really done film most of my time doing photography for the nostalgia. I have finally decided to getting into digital now. Currently looking for my first digital camera to start. I have used mostly Nxxxx, Cxxxx, and Mxxxxxx, but had a friend who is total Pentax buff. After researches and my experience with K1000, I have decided to go with Pentax for my digital photography experience. It is too bad that I did not collect any Pentax lenses during my film camera time. Spent too much money, now have a small budget. I will be trolling the marketplace and looking for deals for Black Friday. Below is a picture I took a while ago with my Pentax K1000. Thanks for reading. Wish everyone an amazing day and a happy turkey day.

11-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some images from your 'new' Pentax gear.
11-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Yes, welcome to the Pentax Forums. It is rainy across the river here as well.

Steve
11-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard.
My brother lives in Portland, it seems pretty fun.

11-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larcencielark Quote
Hi,

Just want to say hi as new user at the forum. I have really done film most of my time doing photography for the nostalgia. I have finally decided to getting into digital now. Currently looking for my first digital camera to start. I have used mostly Nxxxx, Cxxxx, and Mxxxxxx, but had a friend who is total Pentax buff. After researches and my experience with K1000, I have decided to go with Pentax for my digital photography experience. It is too bad that I did not collect any Pentax lenses during my film camera time. Spent too much money, now have a small budget. I will be trolling the marketplace and looking for deals for Black Friday. Below is a picture I took a while ago with my Pentax K1000. Thanks for reading. Wish everyone an amazing day and a happy turkey day.
Hi,
I'm in Portland too! The weather sealing of our cameras and most of our lenses makes for a good match in our climate!
So I'm part of a meet-up group and there are a couple Pentax users - we often have meetings about using software for "developing" our pictures and also go to places like firehouses, waterfalls, and other places. Anyways, if you would like to get a sense of what the different gear feels like, feel free to PM me and we can arrange to meet. Another great resource to take a look at gear is Camera World in SW PDX - they have a great selection of Pentax gear and the sales people there are actually pretty well informed.

Good luck in your search and welcome to PentaxForums!
11-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
they have a great selection of Pentax gear and the sales people there are actually pretty well informed.
Indeed! And they like the cameras too!

Steve
11-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I will definitely check out the Camera World in SW PDX. I will love to meet people with similar interests if I can manage my weird schedules. Thank you all for your input and suggestions.
11-22-2014, 05:03 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Three welcomes are required then, to forum, to Pentax (again) and to digital.